Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Airdog lp 2 165 , also a Adrenaline w/pulse , with fuel press gauge , and fuel modulator for the stock sending unit all the parts will be here Friday excited for the new power. Also we are putting a boost controller . Next will be injectors 200hp , valve body , torque converter , fluid , and input shaft going to post up pics of parts and install.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Might also want to consider a smaller injector. I've seen where the 200s and 220s cause problems with the Adrenalines and don't make as much power.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
based on the info at hand, i also gotta agree on the injector. unless theres a plan in the very near future

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
i think the best way to do it, would be to do your tranny upgrades at once, and then wait on the injectors until you get your turbo project rolling. cuz 200's coupled with an adrenaline, is just naughty time. unless you can program your adrenaline to do timing only. then you could possibly get away with it.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
also, fill out your signature man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i plan on doing the trans first the list wasn't in any specific order but yes i am doing the trans next trying to find an Allison or build the stocker and get ride of the one wheel peal. Sorry about the sig and info just getting some pic and stuff and been very busy thanks.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
very good. sounds like a strong build up then.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
lvl1 on the adrenaline is timing only...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand that but it is scary with all these programmers and handhelds i am just us to ecu flash have control of the ecu as well as aem ems full standalone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well got some good news we received the adrenalin today but no airdog and other mods. So we installed it and found out that the manifold is cracked so we are replacing it and tapping for egt will post pics in a sec.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sounds like its going to be a nice build :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
i hear ya, i just sold my Evo and STI, trust me, you are going to love that diesel. nothing like spanking stuff 1/2 your weight and gitting 2 to 3 times the fuel mileage!!!! GL lets see some pics.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
couple things:
1) you arent going to max out the stock VP (unless you are running a stupid big injector)
2) allison swap? youll see after some reading even the "mighty allison" cant take much more than a tuner...in fact, the fastest street legal dmax out there (im guessing it is still the fastest???) is running a suncoasted 47re (the same tranny you have)

besides that, looks like a decent build, but id reconsider how you go about the turbo/injector...best bet is to do them at the same time

·
Registered
583 Posts
I came from the mr2 turbo crowd. These diesels are so much more simple than a turbocharged 4 banger. I compare them to a two stroke! I had a 97 nopowerjoke and my mr2 8 sold those to buy my '00 cummins. 8 rebuilt the engine iin all of them and the cummins is by far the simplest, beafiest and best supported engine of them all. Just go with what's proven if ur not trying to be an innovator. If u are then make sure u know ur shtuff!:shock:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Since youre in Tampa best thing to do is drop your truck off at Tim Moye Trans and get it done right! Did you get the Pulse with your Adrenaline? If so you can take the fueling out and add timing to help your trans live for a few days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts