Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else hear a little bit about banks new programmer they're coming out with? I'm currently doing my second year for heavy equipment technician and a guy in my class told me today he is on a waiting for one of these programmers. He said he talked to someone from banks and this is basically what the guy told him. He said that you should not be deleting the emissions crap because their programmer will make as much power with the emissions crap then all the guys doing deletes n using smarty n h&s tuners. He said there was no benefit to deleting it n that you shouldn't. My classmate told me that the guy from banks was pretty much bashing other programmers like smarty n h&s saying that all theyre doing is over fueling the trucks n this leads to cylinder wash n bla bla bla n that if they had good programming they can make as much power with the emissions stuff still on it... Now me being an h&s supporter n user I got kinda offended. Now I'm not trying to knock on banks but for a company to knock on other companies and say theyre tuning sucks n stuff is not good attitude IMHO and really turns me off from buying anything from that company, no matter what company it is. There is no need to bash other companies to try and sell ur own product. Anyway If they're programmer will actually do this then this would b great for the guys who dnt want to do deletes but want more power........Now I'm no expert but I disagree with him saying you should not do the deletes, because Egr/dpf,cat delete=better flow=better volumetric efficiency=more power, PERIOD! Juss sayin lol....Anyway sorry about the rant:confused013: it just bugs me when companies knock on other companies to help try to sell theyre product....so anyways... has anyone else heard about this new programmer? Any thought about it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
id say i believe it when ill see it.
other than that ill call it BS. you going to loose count of regen cycles in a day. your DPF and 4th injection will kill your truck for sure,and EGT with all the crap on will be out of control .

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,573 Posts
:confused013:Bring on the grammar police. Sorry man, wouldn't buy Banks, almost like buying Bully Dog. But dude, n is not the same as and.:doh:

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:confused013:Bring on the grammar police. Sorry man, wouldn't buy Banks, almost like buying Bully Dog. But dude, n is not the same as and.:doh:
LOL Ya ya. Sorry I wasnt paying attention to grammar. I was using my I phone. But next time I will make sure to triple check any spelling mistakes :thumbsup: . Sorry. Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't buy banks either! :agree2:I call bs too and don't believe it until I see it myself. My classmate was just telling me about this today and I found it kind of interesting at some of the bs banks was feeding him. Lol :confused013::doh:

·
THE OX
809 Posts
Sound like bs to me

·
THE OX
809 Posts
Wow this site is getting bad about double posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just gotta see it unless I'm dearly mistaken in order to equal that much power means more fuel more fuel=more smoke more smoke = clogged emissions crap in turn creates regen all the time then probably limp mode because it can't successfully burn it clean so I'm gonna fly the bs flag on that one

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
I just gotta see it unless I'm dearly mistaken in order to equal that much power means more fuel more fuel=more smoke more smoke = clogged emissions crap in turn creates regen all the time then probably limp mode because it can't successfully burn it clean so I'm gonna fly the bs flag on that one
I'll loan you mine

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
And then you wonder why everyone hates banks.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
only thing that would make me believe this is true is the sidewinder duramax truck... it makes tons of power with no smoke.... plus it dont even sound like a diesel

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
only thing that would make me believe this is true is the sidewinder duramax truck... it makes tons of power with no smoke.... plus it dont even sound like a diesel
It's not a diesel,it's a duramax:hehe: If Banks thinks the Smarty smokes too much tell him to unplug the throttle valve and it will clear up:rof

·
Registered
616 Posts
But most of that don't come from programing they can clean the tunes up so much but with the right parts turbo setups ect. You can clean a whole lot of smoke up fairly easy

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not a diesel,it's a duramax:hehe: If Banks thinks the Smarty smokes too much tell him to unplug the throttle valve and it will clear up:rof
Lmao:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Do you know WHY it has no smoke? Gale masks the smoke with Nitrous. Take the nitrous out and it smokes like a freight train....

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
OP,

Ask your douche bag class mate why Banks is the person that can go fast with Banks stuff on?

I have yet to see any records broken with a Banks tuned truck other then the Banks crap truck, (but 20lbs of NOS can make anybody go fast to).

Maybe the new Banks tuner has a 100lb bottle of NOS built into it. That would explain how it can make power with the DPF on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
OP,

Ask your douche bag class mate why Banks is the person that can go fast with Banks stuff on?

I have yet to see any records broken with a Banks tuned truck other then the Banks crap truck, (but 20lbs of NOS can make anybody go fast to).

Maybe the new Banks tuner has a 100lb bottle of NOS built into it. That would explain how it can make power with the DPF on.
Dude!! Just a little harsh there don't ya think !!!

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Dude!! Just a little harsh there don't ya think !!!
your probably right, His class mate may not be a Douche Bag but he needs to be informed about Banks.

But I would like to see Banks build a 1000hp Cummins without spray.

His tunes dont smoke because they don't make much power and Gale whines about how you have to run the entire Big Hoss Bundle or you are not making power properly.

Gale also claims that the NOS he sprays in his Dmax is only to cool the air. I guess the side effect of a ton of power from it and no smoke is just a bonus. I guaranty you that you will NEVER see a Gale Banks truck in a race that forbids NOS. Not sure anybody has ever noticed the 3 20lb bottles in the bed of that Dmax. I doubt that truck even burns an ounce of Diesel during a 1/4 mile run due to all of the NOS that he sprays it.

Sorry guys but I hate the Gale Banks claim to fame stories. He is a poser that knocks the majority of the after market world of diesels. His whole foundation to that Dmax is built around NOS and the claims of no smoke is BS. Lets see Gale Banks build a truck that will compete in the Super Stock 16.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
But most of that don't come from programing they can clean the tunes up so much but with the right parts turbo setups ect. You can clean a whole lot of smoke up fairly easy
Nope, he cleans it up with NOS

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea my classmates actually not a bad guy but he is just getting into the aftermarket world I guess you can say so he doesn't know any better. Trust me I already ragged on him for ordering the banks crap rather than an h&s or smarty! I told him how awesome my minimax is and the great power it makes and the advantages to doing the deletes. I dont understand how he can believe the bs that banks was feeding him, especially because we are currently learning about this stuff in school right now. Were learning about engines and efficiency and all that good stuff.... :confused013: but ya it's pretty sad when a company has to bash other companies to try to sell their product... Jmho

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.