Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused013:
93 w250 ext cab.basically stock.
ok, a little bit of history.had the auto tranny rebuilt lasst year,good deal HD components.etc.....well, after i got the truck back my front output seal on the t-case started leaking like a siv.....

i had to park the truck due to lack of work last summer after the tranny was rebuilt :doh:

so i have started it about once a month.

i just got a round to resealing the t-case,and when i took it off i released a ton of ATF.
after much searching(which i admittedly do suck at), i cannot find the fluid capacities of the tranny.i want to get it at least driveable so that i can take it to the tranny shop and have them check out the levels and such...

i am somewhat of a wrench, don't get me wrong here.but the thought of not having enough fluid or to much fluid causing a fresh tranny to need another build is not a good one to me.my pocketbook would rather spend that dough on some upgrades and such.

cheers, and thanks in advance.brian

·
Banned
553 Posts
its in your owners manule if i do recall? but start off with like 4 L then check it then put 2 more in etc its not hard to drain it so not like its going to go to wiast

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Transmission holds about 14-16qts total. Use your dip stick to check that with the motor running and transmission in N

T Case, I think its a touch over 2 qts, if you pull the pill plug and stick your finger in and can't feel any fluid or have any come out on your finger then its low. We usually fill them until it just starts to spill out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its in your owners manule if i do recall? but start off with like 4 L then check it then put 2 more in etc its not hard to drain it so not like its going to go to wiast

i do not have an owners manual,i figured i would do the dipstick thing.i just have never really messed with autos,in anything.:confused013:

thanks fo rthe replies.i want to pick up a manual for this rig now,but am finding difficulty .as i understand it,do the haynes manuals cover everything bu the cummins?and i have to get a seperate manual from cummins intl.?cheers, brian

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
Don't waste your time or money on a Haynes or Chilton manuals. They will give you very little usefull info. Get a factory service manual.

Dodge does not sell the manuals for our trucks anymore. Geno's garage does. They are a site sponsor. Just send them a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
I have a factory book for my 91.5, and let me tell you, its worth every penny!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts