Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2005 3500 Dually 4x4 8 foot bed Patriot Blue AT 48re Torson LSD 3.73 gears
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,787 Posts
I've seen that article making the rounds the past few days. Call me skeptical but I'd like to see some real data, a 25% increase in fuel savings just from a piston is a pretty bold claim...... Not to mention all the other claims.

· Registered
2015 Ram 2500, Longhorn Laramie LTD, 6.7L CTD
848 Posts
I've seen that article making the rounds the past few days. Call me skeptical but I'd like to see some real data, a 25% increase in fuel savings just from a piston is a pretty bold claim...... Not to mention all the other claims.

Seems like the typical claims made by any aftermarket manufacturer. The payback period of overhauling your engine for a 25% fuel savings is a long one still.

I'm also skeptical. What they're showing us doesn't seem like any major improvement whatsoever, and if it was that simple then surely Cummins would have done this already.

Reactions: krs

· Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it is real. This can make a big difference in future diesel cancellation plans governments have in place.
There is also ducted fuel injection that eliminates soot.

· Registered
The hurrier I go the behinder I get
625 Posts
I hope it is real. This can make a big difference in future diesel cancellation plans governments have in place.
There is also ducted fuel injection that eliminates soot.
Please explain??? The push is for zero emissions which basically equals no ICE, makes no difference how efficient they may be, the feds couldnt care less about real common sense solutions to all there hypothetical issues, all they want is control and communism.
Mods, if this is considered too political just delete it

3,627 Posts
Please explain??? The push is for zero emissions which basically equals no ICE, makes no difference how efficient they may be, the feds couldnt care less about real common sense solutions to all there hypothetical issues, all they want is control and communism.
No such thing as zero emissions. It's a fallacy pushed by the globalists and bought by the stupid. It would be nice if all the people that believe in climate change end their worthless lives to actually reduce emissions. People are the carbon they want to reduce.

· Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep hoping the insanity of those kinds of greens will be ended, so then real working solutions can be implemented.

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,925 Posts
Best Ill Allow It GIFs | Gfycat

· Registered
19 Posts
Like others I'll believe it when I see it. The article is written like a company advertisement. It says they have testing and real world data so I'd like a link to those ( I didn't see one)

· Registered
625 Posts
No such thing as zero emissions. It's a fallacy pushed by the globalists and bought by the stupid. It would be nice if all the people that believe in climate change end their worthless lives to actually reduce emissions. People are the carbon they want to reduce.

Reactions: krs

· Registered
5,638 Posts

3,627 Posts
I think this is a better idea than trying to go fully electric:
Except CO2 is not the enemy. It is literally what plant life lives on. What needs to stop is pollution like the chemicals being dumped in the ocean as well as garbage. Especially in third world countries. Recycling is a scam. 98% of plastics are not recycled because there is about 1500 different compositions of various plastic and it is nearly impossible to sort it. What we need is less disposable consumer products.

Reactions: Marq92

· Registered
5,638 Posts
There can be too much of a good thing. There will always be carbon - even just from us breathing. Why not just keep burning the same carbon over and over instead of introducing tonnes more. Keep IC engines, not mining all these materials to make all these batteries and finding a way to fix our infrastructure to support electric everything.
As for plastics, the industry needs to be more accountable to reuse what they produce, not the consumer. Yes we consume too much crap we don’t need.

3,627 Posts
There can be too much of a good thing. There will always be carbon - even just from us breathing. Why not just keep burning the same carbon over and over instead of introducing tonnes more. Keep IC engines, not mining all these materials to make all these batteries and finding a way to fix our infrastructure to support electric everything.
As for plastics, the industry needs to be more accountable to reuse what they produce, not the consumer. Yes we consume too much crap we don’t need.
100%. If the government wanted to make a difference mandate 25 year warranties on appliances, etc. They had no problem making things last in the past.
At the current rate of processing it would take 400 years to make enough lithium ion batteries. The mining is the same thing. 100 years to quadruple the electrical infrastructure at least. But with ever increasing government bureaucracy it would probably take 200 years.

It's all a scam to control the public. All the globalists meeting in Davos don't allow their chauffeurs to drive electric cars. (Might be because they hilariously burst into flames in a way that one could not escape in time.)

Reactions: Loki223 and Lins

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,925 Posts
This is getting close to needing to be in the premium section, let's try to stay on topic. Although honestly, i'm surprised how it hasn't fully crossed into a "this is a premium section discussion" yet.

3,627 Posts
Back on topic. It would be wildly crazy to rebuild an engine just to put these pistons in. But interested to see real world results if one were to need to rebuild and try these out. But it is quite a gamble if it ends up being snake oil.

Reactions: Lins

3,627 Posts
I think everyone should watch this documentary.

· Registered
625 Posts
This is getting close to needing to be in the premium section, let's try to stay on topic. Although honestly, i'm surprised how it hasn't fully crossed into a "this is a premium section discussion" yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Lins
1 - 19 of 19 Posts