Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed turbo, added meth injection, studs, manifold, and Smarty with Quad stack, and this is a new truck. Much more fun to drive, and even with no real fueling mods, I'm seeing 45lbs of boost constantly, and temporary spiking to 51lbs when lockup is achieved in fourth gear. Lag is slightly more than stock, but not bad at all...and the midrange and top end is nasty! I've not tuned the meth much at all yet, but I will report back when I have some numbers from the track, hopefully in the next two weeks.:thumbsup: Turning up the Quad for pressure definately adds more top end and better throttle response. If anyone has any questions on anything I'm running in my sig, feel free to ask. I think everything is working together well and I feel like I know alot more than I did a few months ago about these trucks. I'm excited!

I also wanted to give a big thanks to FarmTruck diesel, a new sponsor here on CF:thanks2:. These guys spent 17 hours with me getting everything on in one day, including a 60 mile round trip just to get a clamp! When we found the electrical component on my turbo didn't get sent by the turbo supplier, the guys started taking parts off one of their own trucks to get me going, and limped his home. Thanks Jay and Danny.

Also, I want to thank Justice4all, aka Brent on CF for lending his time to talk to me about his setup and giving me some tips and relaying his experience to me. I'm glad to have friends like that on herew willing to spend the time with people looking to BOMB their trucks......

Oh, and did I mention, I LOVE CF!

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
dont you just love horsepower!!! i do. glad you like it man.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont you just love horsepower!!! i do. glad you like it man.
It's in my veins now buddy:party018: We're a different breed on here man. Glad to know I have you guys to holler at when I wanna talk horsepower/trucks! I'm lovin my combo right now....at least until I feel like it's slow again. It won't take long till it wears off and I'll need another hit!

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
time to send your nozzles off and have them made bigger!!!!

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
sweet deal man... I bet you have some nasty mid to top end... curious to see numbers from track..

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
horsepower is like beer for the poor, some cant afford it, but we always find a way to get it.... haha glad you liking it man...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I've got a little something extra up my sleeve :)
:pant: Hints please? I didn't hear you talkin about any plans last time we talked? What else could you possibly be doing to that monster? The only thing I can think of is nitrous.....? PM me!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I see you got your turbo from Engineered Diesel!!:headbang: I have the same turbo pretty much from them except the 13ss turbine housing on mine!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
what percent water/meth mix???

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see you got your turbo from Engineered Diesel!!:headbang: I have the same turbo pretty much from them except the 13ss turbine housing on mine!!
Yep, seems like most people go with the 13cm housing. I honestly love mine with the 14cm housing though. Of course it's not as responsive right off the bottom, but neither was my stocker. I'll take the tradeoff any day.:headbang:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what percent water/meth mix???
If your askin me, well, right I'm running VERY low meth, maybe like 6% just to ease into things. The most I EVER plan on running is straight -20 washer fluid, which is 33% meth. I'm trying to get a feel for what is very safe, because I definitely can't afford a new motor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts