Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New old Dodge

589 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  badassr1
:snoop:Hello I am new to this forum and dang glad to be here. I just pick up a great old Dodge Ram 2500, a 2001 Laramie with 46000 miles on it. Guy I bought it from kept it in his garage from day one it looks brand new inside and out.

I have many questions as to what up grades work the best, but my first question is this.

The first thing I did was put on new stock rims from a 2006 Ram with 315-70-r17 tires. They look great, problem is the tires hit the lower control arms with I turn it tight. Are there any thought out there on using wheel spacer to move the off set out a little?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
i know a few people with them on there truck and they seem to like them but that is just one more thing you have to watch on your truck. it would be best if you just kept your eyes open for a wheel with a better offset. dont get to much of one or you will start haveing probs with your ball joints. i just did all of mine and only have 40,000 miles on my truck.

· Banned
629 Posts
:snoop:Hello I am new to this forum and dang glad to be here. I just pick up a great old Dodge Ram 2500, a 2001 Laramie with 46000 miles on it. Guy I bought it from kept it in his garage from day one it looks brand new inside and out.

I have many questions as to what up grades work the best, but my first question is this.

The first thing I did was put on new stock rims from a 2006 Ram with 315-70-r17 tires. They look great, problem is the tires hit the lower control arms with I turn it tight. Are there any thought out there on using wheel spacer to move the off set out a little?
Drill and tab the knuckle and installed threaded stops if it boths you that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.