Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New nozzles wont "pop"

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  jkidd 
#1 ·
Hello,
i purchased a set of nozzles last week from Power Driven Diesel(5X.011 SAC). i installed them on my stock injectors. I can only get 1 to pop, the other 5 just squirt and wont build up pressure. i add shims until they no longer fit and still no pressure. i put my stock nozzles on and they pop every time. Am i doing something wrong? i have a 1990 w250 non intercooled.

#8 ·
No i got the 145 :banging:
I'm not going to spoon feed you on this ( do some research ) but you can't simply install 7mm nozzles on your old 9mm inj bodies. This is your fault, not PDD's.
I thought that I just needed to get the 7mm-9mm sleeve adapters.:doh:

I guess that’s why your paid the big bucks!!! I missed that one too..... out of curiosity can you purchase the parts needed to make them work or are 9mm sticks junk? I ask because I have a set but don’t own a 9mm engine.
Im curious too....

#5 ·
I'm not going to spoon feed you on this ( do some research ) but you can't simply install 7mm nozzles on your old 9mm inj bodies. This is your fault, not PDD's.

Reactions: N1NJ4ON3R
#7 ·
I guess that’s why your paid the big bucks!!! I missed that one too..... out of curiosity can you purchase the parts needed to make them work or are 9mm sticks junk? I ask because I have a set but don’t own a 9mm engine.

#9 ·
You'll need the sleeve adapters to install 7mm IC 91.5-93 injectors on non IC 9mm bores.

I'm assuming you already have the adapters?

As far as I know, this is the only way to install the easily available IC injectors on a non IC truck, but 155 degree nozzles are needed for your truck regardless.

Most builders won't touch 9mm bodies, let alone the later IC bodies, as so many are just molested during their removal.

Hope that helps.

#10 ·
Most builders won't touch 9mm bodies, let alone the later IC bodies, as so many are just molested during their removal.

Hope that helps.
What builders won’t touch I/c bodies? I understand most wont touch 9mm bodies or only give partial credit because you can’t just put new nozzles on them.... you have the problem this guy is experiencing.

#11 ·
Nothing wrong with 9mm bodies/parts, other than the range of 9mm nozzles to rebuild them are very limited. I only have 5x16 nozzles in 9mm, nothing smaller. Yes you can convert 9mm bodies to 7mm but it requires a hand full of parts to do so. I personally can't/won't be bothered dealing with the added cost.

#15 ·
The other day when I posted this I emailed PDD the same question, and they said "you need to lap the body, lap the nozzle and lap the needle to the nozzle." So would lapping the nozzles make them work on my stock injector bodies. I know they are the wrong spray angle, just curious....

#18 ·
Yep, myother is right, they clearly don't know the relationship between a 9mm body & it's contents, compared to a 7mm nozzle. Parts look similar but are different & do not match up correctly.

#21 ·
But yes, OP should have paid more attention, as he clearly has a 1990, so this is not PDD's fault, as I mentioned prior.

#23 ·
You can scavenge the intermediate plate and puck from other 7mm cores. You can order them at about $15-18 per set.( that is why 9mm intercooled cores have little to no value)

you will need one of each for each injector
2430134023 12V injector Plate

2433124446 12V injector puck

FYI the 5x.011 are smaller and flow less than the 4x.013 you are replacing and will = less power ( about 10% less) 155* spray would be preferred for most applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.