Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am ordering my MP-8 this afternoon and was wondering what all the 6.7 owners thought about theirs with the mp-8?? Any diff in fuel economy?? Any advice would appreciated also.

Thanks in advance:peelout

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just to warn you the plug in the back of the fuel rail is a mother. Other than that its awesome LOL

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
good bang for the buck thats for sure... my truck pulls great! The real benefit of the MP8 didnt become apparent until I dropped off the DPF

G

·
good bang for the buck thats for sure... my truck pulls great! The real benefit of the MP8 didnt become apparent until I dropped off the DPF
What was the difference. I am about to order a MP-8 but am leary of doing the DPF. I was thinking of doing the EGR though

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
DieselGoose,

I see on your signature that your running one of the MP8's with the juice w/attitude also... So how you think these two stack out together and how you run your setup on what settings, if you don't mind me asking???

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Polar, my truck only netted a 30HP gain from the MP8 back in Feb when I had the DPF. But my truck ran different all the time, the power level felt different every time I drove my truck.. im pretty sure all that was a direct result of the DPF.

I dropped the DPF off the truck last night, theres a night & day difference in throttle response and seat of the pants power, i've yet to have it on a dyno... maybe next weekend

the smoke is consistant now thats for sure!

also... you can't drop the EGR w/out dropping the DPF fyi:thumbsup

·
Registered
468 Posts
dont install it after youve been driving your truck like i did:w: it burns! make sure you pay attention to the plugs and connect them right, the WILL go in both ways. i love my mp-8 though its amazing for the price.

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what delete kit did u go with Krazeeun??

G

·
Polar, my truck only netted a 30HP gain from the MP8 back in Feb when I had the DPF. But my truck ran different all the time, the power level felt different every time I drove my truck.. im pretty sure all that was a direct result of the DPF.

I dropped the DPF off the truck last night, theres a night & day difference in throttle response and seat of the pants power, i've yet to have it on a dyno... maybe next weekend

the smoke is consistant now thats for sure!

also... you can't drop the EGR w/out dropping the DPF fyi:thumbsup
I'm old. . .so I don't care too much about the additional power. I do care about the economy though. . . How was that with the MP-8 by itself? I'm trying to make a decision on what to do. Since I don't hammer it, I don't expect to see too many issues. Although the Regeneration is still frequent now.

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any trouble while towing?? Ive seen talk of em throwing codes

·
Registered
189 Posts
The additional power is great. I've had mine on for a week and haven't noticed any difference in fuel economy. The plug on the back of the fuel rail is a pain but worth it. Is everyone running theirs turned up for best fuel economy or what? For the most part I drove it like a little old lady. My company pays for my fuel and the man is getting pissy about fuel prices lately.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
75%-100% seems to net the best results for most people.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You will get a mpg increase from the MP-8 but it will go into regeneration a lot more often, at least it does for me. But even with the extra regen, I still average about 1-1.5mpg better. Should be double that after the dpf delete I'm predicting. My truck was always in regen, which is probably why I never see anything other than system ok on the overhead.

G

·
I must live a charmed life. I never see the particulate filter message. But even the way I drive, I still have frequent regens.

For those who contacted me, I'm still pondering

·
Registered
738 Posts
I love my MP-8, highly recommended. I got the Edge Juice first, but in retrospect, if I had MP-8 first, I don't think I would even need the Juice box. I am not sure if my MPG's got any better, but the truck is way more responsive with MP-8 alone, never mind w/Juice.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
MP-8 hands down IMHO

·
Registered
130 Posts
:agree2::agree2::thumbsup

You will love it.:peelout

1 - 20 of 56 Posts