Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I am new to the forum and relatively new to diesels. I just bought my truck in November of last year. Looking forward to some get togethers. Maybe some BBQ's. My truck is pretty much stock except for a Smarty JR. I am looking to add a leveling kit and some 35's soon. Also a 7" single stack as soon as I can sell my tonneau cover.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:welcome: Is your truck a manual or auto? If auto id think about valve body and torque converter with that smarty of yours. Dont do what i did.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcome: Is your truck a manual or auto? If auto id think about valve body and torque converter with that smarty of yours. Dont do what i did.
I only have the Smarty Jr. It is only on the 70hp setting right now. I have had it since the begining of december and I haven't had any problems. I got a quote for a torque converter for 1400 installed. I might do that later and upgrade to a Smarty when I get some cash.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
hey buddy,:welcome:. its always great to keep adding on the the cumminsforum family. this is probably the best site ever.

your right about the meets.....we need to organize some type of BBQ or meet some where in CAli . Im so down to take a road trip anywhere in CALi.

hey maybe you should try to organize some bro.......................:thumbsup

a cummins get together, would be so fun. Jus t wanto see whats out there.:thumbsup:beer

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been to a few sites, but this is the only one with people that actually post and live in SoCal. I guess you don't see too many true diesel fans in SoCal. All I see around here are lifted trucks with chrome everywhere. All show, and no go. Where in L.A. are you? You are in prime territory for a get together. You have Santa Monica right there with lots of cool stuff and some good bars.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
yeah bro.......i live in the heart of LA. right next to downtown. and your right. i haven't really seen to many true diesel fans. but oh well. they probably just don't know of this site.

but yeah Santa Monica would be so cool. nice weather. great looking girls, good bars, and great food. Its summer time too, so it would be freak'n awsome to get some kind of BBQ going. Im gonna start a thread for us then, but what day would you say we or i should organize this for. ( cant do July 4,5 and 6 because ill be at CAlifornia speed way racing my GSXR1000 try'n to get paid at the WERA event, oh yeah Aug. 2nd and 3rd too). but any other day would be good . please let me know asap so i could get this thread going.

personally i think have''n a meet/gathering would be better than a BBQ . wer could me up at some bar/resturant. that way type of food would really be an issue. one of my suggestions would be to meet up in Malibu at Neptune's NeT(great food):thumbsup

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about sometime in August? That way people will have time to plan things out. Lots of guys have families and work. I don't work very much and am single so I could leave as soon as I finish typing this, but that isn't the case for most people. A bar or restaurant is a great idea. Neptunes net would be pretty cool too. I would be totally stoked to drive anywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
:welcome::welcome: welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts