Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to this site and was doing research on how to get a little better mpg out of my 08 mega cab dually 6.7. I have driven it at 65 unloaded and it gets about 14. If I drop it to 55 she will do 17. I didn't expect to have a hybrid but anything to bring it up about 2mpg would make my day. Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
first of all.....:welcome:

As of right now the best thing that you can do for your truck is to get the dpf delete and straight pipe it along with an EGR delete....those two things have worked wonders for these trucks so far and will save you money in the long run....other than that you basically just have a couple of programmers and stuff but I would say that the dpf and egr delete are your best choices to start out with.

·
Registered
199 Posts
first of all.....:welcome:

As of right now the best thing that you can do for your truck is to get the dpf delete and straight pipe it along with an EGR delete....those two things have worked wonders for these trucks so far and will save you money in the long run....other than that you basically just have a couple of programmers and stuff but I would say that the dpf and egr delete are your best choices to start out with.
:agree2: and :welcome:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an 07.5 6.7l that I'm also trying to get my best mileage out of. The above posted reply is good info if you're interested in modifying your and possibly voiding a portion of your warranty (which I'm very close to doing). If not, try the only recently approved fuel additive for the 6.7's. It's called Platinum plus DPF ( don't confuse it with the Platinum Plus DPF-DFX, which is for underground mining operations). The additive is made by Cummins. I have communicated back and forth with they're tech's, and have it in writing that it is safe for our vehicle's and highly recommended. This is straight from the folks that design and manufacture our engines. I recently took a trip that I've taken several times. Prior best mileage was 18.1 by the overhead. I have only run 3 tanks with the Platinum Plus, but recently took the same exact trip........19.94 gpm HAND CALCULATED at speeds from 55-70 mph. I also notice quicker starts, smoother idle and a slightly (deeper) engine tone. Good luck with your new rig!

·
Registered
661 Posts
:welcome: you will learn a lot

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your input everyone. I definately don't want to void a warranty, that is forsure, not for what the price. Is this delete mod something I can put off and on when it has to go in for service?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
It can be taken off in about an hour or two.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can some one explain the dpf mod, any pics?

·
5,059 Posts
I will be taking pics this weekend. As far as the mod, it envolves removing the Filters in the exhaust and tapping into the sensors with a fooler box to trick the computer into thinking its still there.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That seems to be what everyone is happy with, I'll wait for the pics.

·
5,059 Posts
Well i got going on it and forgot to take some pictures. I am adding stacks to my truck and i will snap some photos when i crawl under mine before i start modding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts