Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i installed my 6.5" lift the other week... Got the truck alligned and drove it around for a bit in town (40 mph and below) No noises, runs just fine... Took it out on the highway, once 60 mph is reached there is a noise and slight vibration... Really only noticed under a load... If you are cruisin it goes away.... Now, the best way i can describe the noise is like a wheel bearing going out.... I did my test with the truck in 4 wheel drive to see if maybe it was something from the front.... No different..... Im thinking either rear end bearing or possibly u-joints..... Anyone have this problem or any ideas of what it could be... Thanks in advace...... Ooohh i also thought it could have been the tires out of balance so i went ahead and put on my Toyo M/T 37's and still there

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Who's lift?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who's lift?
Mostly Tuff Country...with superlift 4" spring and a 2.5" spacer.... then i also added JKS quicker disconnects for the sway bars

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Sounds like a U-joint.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a U-joint.
Thats what im thinkin..... Im gonna pull it apart friday and see if i can find anything.... otherwise its gonna go back to Dodge.....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Is your truck a longbed?(carrier bearing needs to be dropped down)

You also may need to get the indexing ring for your Tcase...(If the rear DS U-joints are binding?)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your truck a longbed?(carrier bearing needs to be dropped down)

You also may need to get the indexing ring for your Tcase...(If the rear DS U-joints are binding?)
No, short bed... Tuff Country told me it wouldnt be the Tcase since its only a 6"... plus the fact that the noise only comes in under a load.. If it was Tcase i would imagine it would be in anytime.. not just under a load My dad (mechanic for over 35 years) seems to think it is most likely the u-joint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts