Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
That's good old DIY fabrication right there , great n cheap.

Question CD : I'm wondering , about the pressure build up you are experiencing . Wouldn't the vent on top of the fuel tank ( if its functioning ) take care of that ? I don't think it's a one way valved vent ( not positive of that )
Many of the tank vents get very plugged over time. I fixed my sons the other week , his was 100% clogged and then some , mine had a little bit of stuff in it , not to bad.
The modified liberty modules do not come with vents on top unlike the original modules.

Great mod! Will this allow any dust to get into the tank??

Discussion starter · #46 ·
great info C-dog :thumbsup:

I'm not worried about it with mine. It barely builds any pressure because of the mild climate here.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Im not sure it has to do with the climate with my truck. I fell like it has more to do with the fuel pump.... :confused013:
what pump do you run?

I have the old style airdog150 on mine... (one of the good ones with the JIC fittings from back before the company took a swan dive)

Interesting fix, But For $300+ I think I'll just continue to find a gas station everytime I get to a 1/4 tank. Unless I start having fuel level gauge problems you'll never see me spending that much.

We always vented our fuel caps on our Mopars by drilling 1/8" holes straight into the cap.

We always believed the pressure drop in the tank would help with vapor lock on hot summer days down here in the south while we were racing

Discussion starter · #51 ·
if you already have an in-tank lift pump module, then a DS-V is a cheap fix :thumbsup:

How easily did the white collar go back on when you guys installed your liberty modules? I just picked one up, trimmed the locating tab off and have discovered the liberty's diameter is a tick under 6 inches, and while this lines up well with the lip on top of the tank, the inner diameter of my collar where the module would "bottom out" when the collar is tightened is only 5.75" !! It's really tight screwing it onto the tank even without the seal and module... have any of you experienced this? is it possible the darn thing shrank ??

Hours and hours of reading on the forum here and I didn't see anywhere that was mentioned as an issue. Crud. Looks like I get to play with a belt sander or something. And I did such a good job trimming the tab off too! The problem with the Vulcan one is it has the DS in it - I just want stock... and it's $320. I got mine for $100...

I've been runnin mine for 3 months now, had a fuel leak on the road. Got under the truck found my return line leaking, wiggled it and the plastic nipple on top of the canister broke in two. I ran fuel injection hose from broken nipple to frame line and cut off the funny connectors. Wish I would've done this along time ago. Other than this the canister is a great purchase

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I know I’m resurrecting one heck of an old thread. You wouldn’t happen to have a photo of what you did with the nipples when they broke do you? Mine just recently broke.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.