Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just installed my new injen/amsoil intake and it still doesn't have the sound i am after... i see that a lot of people on here have "silencer ring MIA" or "gutted torque tube" in their sigs. so i am wondering how you guys did it??? and just to clarify, the "sliencer ring/torque tube" is what my intake attached to? i believe i have heard of some guys using PVC pipe? what about the rest of you? can you just smash all the crap out of the middle of it and re-use the same tube? i'm lookin for that sweet sweet :w: thanks!

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
From all the reading and posts,I would leave the fins in the rubber elbow just before the turbo.The torque tube is the hard plastic pipe between the intake elbow and the elbow before the turbo.
You can remove the contents or put an after market tube in it's place.
I tried the PVC pipe , but it got hot enough that it deformed.
The silencer ring is right at the intake of the turbo....I'll find you a link with pics....:thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!!! ok so they are two seperate things?... pics would be nice. i know that i was looking at the torque tube today assuming that was it and that the silencer ring was the same thing! do you have your silencer ring taken out? was it a quite noticable difference?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot! :thumbsup thats exactly what i was looking for!!

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
My cousin has an AFE intake and it whistles pretty nicely.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a hard time hearing anything over my exhaust with my windows down!! not that i really have a problem with that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
There is no need for PVC at all. Just gut it. Take the torq tube off and at the top there is a lip (x2) where the top of the torq tube meets with the bottom half. With a flat screwdriver, work inbetween and break the epoxy free. It will sound like it is breaking, but its not. Slideout the Baffle cross section and then re-insert the top. Glue back in place. I used loctight and then drilled 4 holes around the lips. one at 12, 3, 6, 9, and use wire to twist tie the top on secure. You dont want the new intake to bind and break the lips loose and suck in junk. Go to the 3rd gen section of this forum and there are pics and destructions for this. My silencer ring is still intack but I get a fair ammount of whistle. With an open filter it's almost too loud. But with my IceBox, it's just right.

Good Luck

·
Registered
365 Posts
bigger turbo, more boost = more whistle

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
go TWINS! then you'll have some wistle!!!!:woot:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
don't get me wrong i am down with the bigger turbo or twins idea but i'm trying to keep it fairly modest while its still under warranty... thanks for your guys' tips though!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
on the 6.7 the baffle pulls right out. no glue holding it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts