Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got my truck back. i had some jl machine 75 hp injectors put in. it deffinetly does not feel like a 75 hp gain also blows a lot of smoke. could my problem b that i just dnt have a big enough turbo? or does it take a while for the truck to get used to the new injectors? at first the truck ran pretty sluggish but after a while it went back to being smooth. also the sound from the exhaust sounds like its kind of pulsing is this normal? the rpms are at the usual spot and everything seems the same. please give me any input you have thanks

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nvm everybody truck is running like a charm now

· On call 24/7
13,733 Posts
What fixxed it?

· On call 24/7
13,733 Posts
Were did you get your injectors, from john or does he have disrtibutors?

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well the injectors are great but i kind of have a problem. it somewhat shutters in park and neutral. it doesnt do it in drive or reverse though anybody have any idea why? could air just be getting in the sytem if so what should i do to fix the problem? or is it normal thanks

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i got them from john and honestly idk if he does i just bought directly from him great prices though

· On call 24/7
13,733 Posts
Who put them in?

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it did it bad at first then i blead the system a bit and it stopped and now it kinda does it again. the truck will shake a lil bit sometime every few seconds. not a real bad shake but enough to feel it. i think theres air in the system and i just gotta work it out. or maybe its sucking in air somewhere. i had a local diesel mechanic put them in for me due to the fact that i did not have the time to do it

· On call 24/7
13,733 Posts
When I did my granpas I forgot to pop one of the tubes out and it got nicked and the idle was like you described. It should be as smooth or smoother than stock, I would pay a visit to the installer.

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what i was gonna try but if i drop the truck off i have no ride for a few days but i just blead the system and it doenst seem to b doing it anymore so hopefully i figured it out if not im gonna have to go over there

· On call 24/7
13,733 Posts
After it cranks up and runs for 3o seconds or so its blead as good as its gonna get, theres not gonna be any air trapped in the lines.

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thanks so is the problem anything that i can fix or should i let them worry about it bcuz i have a very tight schedule and cant really get out there again anytime soon. also is it a bad thing that it is doing this will it hurt anything or is it just more of an annoyance

· On call 24/7
13,733 Posts
It could be leaking fuel into the crankcase and thats no good. I new what the problem was as soon as we started my granpas truck and it was idling rough so I got a new tube and all was good. You might call them and ask if they had a newby installing them or what. It could also be the injector orings if they reused your old ones, also tripple check all your lines at the head.

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thansk ill do that

· Premium Member
21,579 Posts
It could also be the injector orings if they reused your old ones, also tripple check all your lines at the head.
my bet as well. long story but i had several loose when i did mine :doh: it ran like cough, cough, hiss, die, recrank, cough, lope, cuss, kick, then :doh: Josh says "how many of those lines you tighten" iiiiii'm stupid :hehe:

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i just took a drive and after a few miles when i stopped it did it a lil then i drove back with the edge on 3 and when i got home it ran normal so i have no cluse whats going on. also it runs like a dream when driving could the fuel air mixture just be messedup. i cnt drop the truck off til monday or tuesday but im gonna drop it off and tell them to fix their mistake

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anybody else got any input for me. the truck wont do it when i start the truck only when i stop after a few miles so could it just be over flowing somewhere?

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i checked the lines to the head and they all seem to be sitting the same and they are all tight. also i talked to jon (who i bought the injectors form) and he said maybe on is loose or sitting wrong and at open throttle there is enough fuel to snot shake but when its at idle then it could be sucking in air. is there anywhere else that it could be sucking air at that i should check im not mechanic so please dumb it down for me lol thanks

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.