Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy everyone im jake and new to the forum and a new Cummins owner.

i picked up a 1989 3/4 ton 2wd Dodge Ram Cummins a couple months ago for frreeeeeeeee.... yea you heard me for freeeeeee.... from a guy at work that had too many projects. i have never been given a vehicle before and both my parents have a cummins of thier own so of coarse i flipped when i heard him say that. i brought her home and she now sits and waits to be put back together. the guy ran WVO for a while and let it sit for a couple weeks during the winter. went outside to turn it over and it wouldnt fire. he swapped lift pumps on it and that didnt work so then he dropped the tank to find a 3" layer of vegetable oil hardened at the bottom. he started to tear the fuel injecters apart and and gave up. all she needs is the tank cleaned out, a new sending unit, serp belt, battery, cables, fuel system cleaning and a full fluid service for sitting for a year or so. ill probably be rebuilding the IP then cleaning out the fuel system..... buttttttt

i got a 5 1/2 month long rock crawler project ive been working on so i need to get that pig running and wheelable first. the cummins will be the tow rig.

anyway a long story about nothing. i hope to learn a lot on this forum

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
nice find man! Welcome to the forum!

-Jordan-

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,076 Posts
welcome aboard enjoy your stay, your new rig & your project. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts