Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a 6.7 cab and chassis flat bed. He deleted his dpf and grounded out his sensors with sum wire and it workred.I think he got the idea from dusty ratcliff from here on the forums. And I'm wondering if I bought a 5in tbe for a 5.9 and installed it on my 6.7 truck and left the sensors out, and grounded out the circuits like my friend did, will it work? I know it will throw a CEL but idc bout a light, I just want to know if it will work.

·
3rd Tranny/2nd Turbo Club
123 Posts
depends on the DTC it throws.. If it thinks the DPF is full or missing , it will reduce power until it thinks the DPF is back to normal. And an Edge won't clear those codes. So until it thinks the system is ok, you will have an underpowered truck. Unless it all works out fine.. and doesnt throw a power reducing DTC.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
depends on the DTC it throws.. If it thinks the DPF is full or missing , it will reduce power until it thinks the DPF is back to normal. And an Edge won't clear those codes. So until it thinks the system is ok, you will have an underpowered truck. Unless it all works out fine.. and doesnt throw a power reducing DTC.
just to add alittle a star scan can only clear them for a little bit if you know how to do it which most techs dont. You have to fix the problem first to clear the 2 derate codes.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
the C&C trucks DPF systems are very much different from the ones on the standard trucks. It will not work.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. I pmed dusty ratcliff to see wat he thought. He did it to his c and c. And it worked and I don't see why it won't work on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The programming and sensors are different on the C&C's.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
First off on the c&c the dpf and cat are one unit all together on the pick up they are two different units on the c&c there is no o2 sensors, that is 2 of the differences between the c&c and pickup. If you think it will work then go ahead and try it. I am not saying it will not work. Unless you try it we will never know. It is possible to work because you do not fool the o2 sensors on the pickup and you also use the 3 egt sensors on both trucks, which would be the same. Also you unhook the pressure sensors on both trucks. The only difference you think would be the ecms, but people have used pick up truck chips on the c&c, and they have worked some have had problems though,

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ANyone have dusty ratcliffs phone number? I hear he's the guy to talk to about this, he jus unplugged his sensors and ran a jumper wire in the plugs and it ran great, I am really curious to see if it would work but am jus scared to without his opinion. Hopefully he'll chime in.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
ANyone have dusty ratcliffs phone number? I hear he's the guy to talk to about this, he jus unplugged his sensors and ran a jumper wire in the plugs and it ran great, I am really curious to see if it would work but am jus scared to without his opinion. Hopefully he'll chime in.
I believe that Dusty's mod only works for the C&C trucks. You have to use a different setup to fool the egt probes with the pickups.

·
Registered
154 Posts
First off on the c&c the dpf and cat are one unit all together on the pick up they are two different units on the c&c there is no o2 sensors, that is 2 of the differences between the c&c and pickup. If you think it will work then go ahead and try it. I am not saying it will not work. Unless you try it we will never know. It is possible to work because you do not fool the o2 sensors on the pickup and you also use the 3 egt sensors on both trucks, which would be the same. Also you unhook the pressure sensors on both trucks. The only difference you think would be the ecms, but people have used pick up truck chips on the c&c, and they have worked some have had problems though,
so what you are saying that the cat. is not in the turbo down pipe ? because I thought that the two were married but on the other hand I heard on the fourm that the cat was in the down pipe .

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just talked to dusty ratcliff, and he said he didnt see why it shouldnt work on a regular pickup truck, and he knows that the c and c and pick up trucks are different but he still thinks it will proly work. So doese BADP is wat he said, i guess hes talked to them a lil bit about it. ima give it a shot i think within the next month

1 - 11 of 11 Posts