Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to dyno this weekend and put 418hp down with the 5in delete kit. Truck put 385hp before, with the dpf. 33 hp gain with just exhaust. Man that dpf was really choking that thing up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry... 714 to 753

·
Registered
419 Posts
impressive numbers!! cant wait to do mine

J-Mo

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I can't wait to do my trans. Dennis had his dually on the dyno too. With built Suncoast and MP-8. Man it shifts nice. Mine was shuttering a little on the way home with a 30ft gooseneck with 9k lbs of truck on it.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Those are some nice numbers. I can't wait to build my trans either.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was talking with Ron f/ Suncoast a lot at TS he said they have got them figured out for the most part. The TC is completly done and they are playing with a few things in the VB and clutch packs.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yeah last time I talked with them they were very close:woot:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you guys have the info for suncoast on the tranny. I'm thinking I'm going to have to beef mine up as well to hold the torque on this thing.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I am getting on a dyno at the end of may. Cant wait to see the #s. Wish i could get the airdog on before then though. haha, where did that winning lotto ticket go. LOL!!

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
I will be on the rollers again this thursday and will post up the numbers

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
So guys, does these kits for the 68RFE tranny builds have a different software included or have they built up the valve body to get all the better workings from the tranny or what???

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most of it is in the clutchs and valve body. There are a few elec. changes you can do to get more pressure but not sure if it will go that way (elec).

So guys, does these kits for the 68RFE tranny builds have a different software included or have they built up the valve body to get all the better workings from the tranny or what???

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm running BADP's kit. No codes. 12k miles on it so far. 50k on the truck.

What dpf delete did you go with and is it throughing any codes on you?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Off topic but do you guys know if the hard parts like input and output shafts are stronger/thicker in these tranny's than the old 48re. I have an 08 also and would like to know if mine should be beefed up soon. So far only edge and DPF delete on mine. Thanks,
Garry

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I'm getting a torque converter and tranny upgrade kit installed in my truck on wednesday the 7th. It's all the parts from Sun Coast and NADP is going to install it for me. I'll kept you updated on how everything works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts