Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce my self. My name is Scott and I just joined this site. I just purchased a 02 Ram 2500. I got a good deal on it because the IP is leaking fuel. I do not know the specifics on it yet, ill pick it up this weekend. I'm sure ill be asking some questions once i get her home. This will be my second cummins, and my 6th diesel truck. I have some mild cummins experiance replacing lift pumps and a VP44 once. Anyway im looking forward to learning more and fixing my new ride.

If any one has any tips on what to look for with the leak i would appreciate it. The guy im getting it from said the truck runs and drivers great just has the leak. He said a mechanic looked at it and said it needs a new IP.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
Welcome to the site and good luck with the truck!

-Jordan-

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
:welcome::welcome:

Glad to have you aboard. Enjoy the new ride. Usually all that leaks on these is were the high pressure lines screw on the back they just get loose.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man i hope your right. I am prepared to replace the pump but I haven't found anywhere that a pump needed to be replaced for a leak.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
yea the pump usually goes out because of lack of fuel pressure or lack of lubrication never heard of one go out just because it leaks, but then again it could be leaking because of something other than loose lines or fittings

-Jordan-

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the guy I'm buying the truck from said a mechanic looked at it and said the pump is leaking fuel and will need to be replaced. I am hoping its a easy fix, or at least a fix that doesn't require me buying a new pump.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Let us know the final outcome either way. Hopefully its just a loose fitting.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do. Im sure ill be on here asking for advice. Thanks

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
welcome aboard enjoy your stay & your new rig.
USER CP edit sig then edit profile, it helps us help you when asking questions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im very excited. I trailered the Ram home yesterday. I drove it on the trailer after we found in the old owners drive way that one if the injector lines was completely unscrewed from the IP. We tightened it up just enough by hand for it to crank and get on the trailer. Once i got it home i took it all apart and tightened all the lines and now it runs and drives perfect. The problem now is the dash, its not just a crack, its more of a hole than a dash, lol. I dont know if there is enough dash there to glue down one of thoes tops. Is there a place to buy the whole dash top?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts