Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off I did some searching on here before asking this ( about 3hrs worth). The prob is that there appears to be no clear cut answer. That ive found :S:

My story is this: I just got my new to me 08 6.7 and ordered the edge because that all I ever used on my 5.9's. I did the dpf delete as well as the egr delete inculding the cooler.

Here comes the question that im sure you all have seen so many times before. What do i do to not throw codes from egr..(ya ya ... I kno buy a smarty, too late) Ive seen so many answer's from years ago but was hoping that someone has come up with a clear answer.

-Ive seen somepeople say only disconect the throttle valve connector
-Ive seen others say take all off except the egr cooler servo, leave plugged in but ziptie to fire wall
-Ive also seen some say disconnect the actuator motor, remove the plunger and also ziptie that somewhere and leave plugged in

I talked to edge today and they told me to take the butterfly out of the intake, throttle valve.

Please help what is the right answer to make this work. I currenlty have the servo motor plugged back in and attached to the firewall, that took care of 2 of the 4 codes.. Now what ?
The remaining 2 codes are p0487 and p2141

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hey Tommy.
This probally won't help you but....
I just went through this and I tried all these option and reset the DTC's everytime.
"Turn key to "Run" with engine off, hold accelerator at 100%, pump brakes three times, release accelerator, put accelerator at 100%, pump brakes three times, release accelerator pedal"
Still through codes, the codes only seemed to affect the top end preformance and seemed to stop boost from building @23Psi.
So I went with the Black Maxx. The codes are gone and now I get to 35Psi.
With that being said. I prefer the Edge for the Turbo Timer option and the ability to display the correct speed, but not correct the dash speedo/Odometer If you have larger tires. At this point I'm waiting for a splitter ODB2 cable to attempt to stack the Black Maxx for the Hot Damn setting and Clearing of EGR and Edge Racing CTS for only Features and extra Gauges. 0 Setting.

My personal opinion in my situation. Edge Racing 7.5-09 175HP stacked with Smarty with ME Version is the way to go if you stay on the levels that don't adjust timing.

Sorry for the ramble. Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck

G

·
I don't know if anything has changed since i ran edge on my 08, but yes i removed the butterfly. Also i don't think edge will keep codes from being thrown like your asking, it just clears them on start up with a wait to start.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tommy,

You have to leave the servo motors plugged in. I ran an edge for quite a while and that is what I did. Plug in both the cooler and airhorn servo motors and zip tie them up somewhere out of the way.

Next take the cover off of the throttle valve box and remove the plastic gear. Either that or take the throttle valve out and remove the gear.

Cole

1 - 4 of 4 Posts