Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought two new Silverstar light bulbs for my 2010 2500, CTD. The stock lights are so inadequate. I got home and opened the hood and it looks like a real PITA to change these. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in the same place here. I did a search on this and they say there are 3 10mm bolts. 2 beside the rad and 1 accessed thru the wheel well. I'm going to try tomorrow but if it looks too hard or it's too cold I'm going to have to wait it out. If the grill pulled up with the hood (like the older trucks) i imagine it might be easier.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
on the '10+ it's easier than the previous years. I did do as another forum member suggested I pulled the grill as well just pop, the IC cover (plastic grommets), 4 10mm scews. Also there is a white plastic retaining clip on the backside of the light that is accessible through the wheel well access panel, push up to release and pull down to lock once you've replaced the lights.

if you have the Quad lights, then the highs are different from the low beam lights. I'll go look up the part numbers and other thread...

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
good thread for help; http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-general-discussion/314115-tricks-tips-technical-data.html

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-general-discussion/352700-headlamp-questions.html

2010 DODGE Ram Pickup (With 4 headlamp / quad system -- Some SLT's and Laramie):
Low beam headlamp: H11
High beam headlamp: 9005

2010 DODGE Ram Pickup (With 2 headlamp system -- ST and some SLT's):
High & low beam headlamp: H13 (9008)

Other Bulbs:
Parking light: 3157NA
Front turn signal: 3157NA
Rear turn signal: 3157
Tail light: 3157
Stop light: 3157
High mount stop light: 921
Fog/Driving light: 9145
License plate: 194
Back up light: 921
Front sidemarker: 3157NA
Ash tray: 37
Map light: 212-2
Trunk/Cargo area: 921

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have new H11's which should help visibility. For the high beams I'm going to try to convert the stock 9005 bulbs to 9011's.

Too cold today (20's) and too much snow to be playing with plastic bits and hard to get at bolts though. Unfortunately I have to wait till a better day comes along.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Well, for one, they are junk. Two, they are pointed lower in trucks so when there is a load in the rear, they are about where they should be. Get some HIDs and never look back. Even with the HIDs at factory position, they are a ton better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The factory lights are fair to bad I think. No where near as good as the stock ones in my 2008. I could make do but once you throw in any rain or snow with night driving they plain just don't cut it.

Sorry no HIDs here - too many posts about problems. I drive 50k miles a year, a lot of it off the beaten path so I need something 100% reliable.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
do the stock lights seem very inadequate to you??

silverstars up the lumens 1000 to 4000 stockers are around 3000. I noticed a difference. other than unplugging my EGR and pulling the intake baffle,so 3rd mod was the lights the first week I had the truck....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts