Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey does anybody know the author of the tcm tunes for h&s and what experience they have with this equipment?

Tried bringing this up in the other tcm thread but frankly some people don't like when you simply state people should wait til more info is released prior to jumping the gun..:confused013:

3,180 Posts
Hey does anybody know the author of the tcm tunes for h&s and what experience they have with this equipment?

Tried bringing this up in the other tcm thread but frankly some people don't like when you simply state people should wait til more info is released prior to jumping the gun.:confused013:
id have to agree to an extent... yes i would want to know if they could handle the task, but their ecm tunes are great and they have little experience compared to smarty on tcms but are just as good of not better

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The Dodge TCM tuning will be done here by the same guys that have done the Ford, Dodge, and GM products. I am honestly not sure what the questions is, but I am assuming you are asking do we have a history of tuning the 68rfe? To this I will answer no, but did we have a history of tuning the 6.7 ECU when we began, no.

Once we are able to read and write calibrations to the computer, all tuning software is begun at the base level of reverse engineering the hex code and beginning to map the operations of the computer. This takes months of tedious number changes, reading, writing, monitoring, and trial and error. Once we have an understanding about how the computer is using this code we can begin to make our changes to be something the end user will want. Countless hours are spent on the road and on the dyno, ensuring the tuning is something worth purchasing.

This is a highly simple way of defining our job here at H&S, but I hope you understand a little better how we do what we do.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
You talk about 68rfe tuning, which Im sure is a very large part of your CTD market. Is Aisin tuning in the works for us c&c guys?

3,180 Posts
aisin tuning would be great but i thought the aisin was a strong tranny already?

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
The Dodge TCM tuning will be done here by the same guys that have done the Ford, Dodge, and GM products. I am honestly not sure what the questions is, but I am assuming you are asking do we have a history of tuning the 68rfe? To this I will answer no, but did we have a history of tuning the 6.7 ECU when we began, no.

Once we are able to read and write calibrations to the computer, all tuning software is begun at the base level of reverse engineering the hex code and beginning to map the operations of the computer. This takes months of tedious number changes, reading, writing, monitoring, and trial and error. Once we have an understanding about how the computer is using this code we can begin to make our changes to be something the end user will want. Countless hours are spent on the road and on the dyno, ensuring the tuning is something worth purchasing.

This is a highly simple way of defining our job here at H&S, but I hope you understand a little better how we do what we do.

Do yall know how much control we will have with shift points and lock up etc.Are will it be a generic tune so to speak.I know its early to ask this question but i myself am very interested in taking full control of my tranny.

Thanks in advance
R.J.P.

3,180 Posts
Do yall know how much control we will have with shift points and lock up etc.Are will it be a generic tune so to speak.I know its early to ask this question but i myself am very interested in taking full control of my tranny.

Thanks in advance
R.J.P.
early lockup would be cool

3,180 Posts
thanks i thought they were good, learn something everyday

·
Registered
436 Posts
i too would love full adjustability but that may be hard to reach at this time. hopefully these guys get it nailed, i love my h&s products and would love to continue owning them.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Burnt up two already Running nothing but a big tune,In my opinion they are not any better than the stock 68.
see thats what im worried about...id even go the route of a full built tranny, but no such thing exists for it.... wtf

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i would think a trans tune that, adjusts the trans tune acording to the the tune your running lets say on the 50hp 75hp have a race setup in the trans but with a softer shift then say the higher tunes. Then on the race tunes have a super hard shifting trans to try to avoid slippage.

Or have the shift firmness adjustible i dont mind a hard shifting trans i would rather put u-joints in then replaceing trans. but iam sure some idiot would put it on super hard shift mode toast a bunch of u-joints and complain to h&s

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Burnt up two already Running nothing but a big tune,In my opinion they are not any better than the stock 68.
Ronnie, did you do a swap with the Aisin to see how it would hold up???? i think H&S was gonna try this, but dont think they ever did. Casey told me they had a C&C tranny for sale that they never got to experiment with. I would like to know if you played around with this setup. if so did you have to run a C&C tune on your truck???? Man.......the more i type, the more i am interested in this. if it is possible to swap an Aisin to a regular truck, then shouldnt it be possible to swap a fully buily 68 into a C&C???:confused013::drool2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts