Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just recently bought a 2005 2500 quad cab 4x4. I have a couple questions some are probly a bit dumb but Im new to the dodge thing so please bear with me.
1. My truck said it was made in feb of 05 so that would make it an 05 and not a 04.5 right?
2. I would like to add an air intake to it to help it breath better. What is the diffrence between a stage 1 and a stage 2?
I also plan on getting a 4in exhaust for it. The truck is stock right now so I fugured thoes two would be a good start right? If not any advise would be very helpfully.

Thanks for reading this
Justin :thumbsup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
just take the cat and muffler our and you will be good wit the exhuast. and get a programmer, i already had my programmer before i even had the truck, they make a big difference!!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Stage I intake uses the stock plumbing
Stage II has their own plumbing

Depending on the programmer, going to need gauges. IMHO, the Smarty JR is a real good choice. In fact the only choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast replies. So is it better to get the stage 2 or the stage 1? Does it really make that big of a diffrence, since I have a 4in exhaust already would a 5in be ok? And would all of this be better to get before I get a programer? Again thanks for the help. Money is a factor so I can only do one at a time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
unless ur makin some serious power your 4 inch gutted will be fine, id recomeend a cold air kit that uses after market plumbing, and the edge juice wit attidue gives you all the gagues you need so you dont have to spend extra money on the aftermarket gauges.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I make over 600hp on with stock exhaust just changed the muffler to a magnaflow and have CAT still inplace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts