Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, been lurking here for about a year and finally joined up last night. I'm 43, married since 94', 2 kids, and a mutt. I work in sales at a tire dealership since 2007 here in the north central part of the world.
I have driven diesels,dura-pukes and power-jokes, at work for 16 years but never owned one, finally bought my 2006 quad cab just about a 1 1/2 years ago. Wish I would have done it a lot sooner than I did but finances didn't allow it.
The 5.9 is a stock rebuilt with about 15-20k on it. the cummins rep said it appeared to have a problem since day one and original owners never had it looked at. By the 6th month we had it I was up to putting a gal of oil every thousand miles from the blow by. Luckily my warranty covered 100% of it, I usually don't buy those but glad I bought it this time.
I switched out the exhaust to 5" from the spark arrestor back and I made a new torque tube from a piece of 5" chrome, I had to weld a strip of 1" x 1/4" flat around top and bottom to fit tight in the rubber elbows and removed the silencer ring. I am leaving the stock air box for now until my warranty is out than I plan to upgrade it and a tuner, I've read good things about the smarty so I'm leaning to them. I don't want it to crazy just a little more pulling power and fuel milage when pulling the travel trailer.
All in all I'm very happy with it and won't buy another gasser for myself again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts