Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am fixin to buy a gauge set for the truck in my sig. there aree so many options!
i want boost, pyro, and fuel press. my questions are;
mechanical or electric? i prefer mech...
what boost? 30? 35?
triple pillar mount w/ speaker?? or somewhere else?i is pillar ok for mechanicals?
quadzilla makes a digital that can cover the three parameters im looking for. anyone using them?

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
78 Posts
One name is all you need to know.....Isspro. (JMO). I'm running the EV black face Isspro gauges. The pyro, tranny temp and mechanical boost are up in the Autometer 3 pod A-piller w/ spreaker pod. The mechanical fuel pressure is in an Autometer steering column pod. I did NOT use a fuel issolater. I ran a 1/8" tube from the IP inlet thru the firewall to the gauge. I did put the 1/8" tubing inside 1/4" tubing, heat-shrinked it to the fittings on the gauge and put a petcock type valve at the IP; all in the name of protection.

EDIT: I don' have any pitures of the Isspro's mounted. The pic's on MyTruckPofile are the old banks gauges. I can take some and post them tonight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Isspro boost, pyro and fuel. The fuel is the only gauge that I have had problems with other than that I think it's a good set up for the $$. I got the pod and all from Isspro.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have autometer fuel boost and pyro and really like them. One thing to keep in mind on anyones guages when you buy a boost guage go ahead and get atleast a 60lb guage if you ever plan on doing any mods to your truck if gonna keep it stock a 30 or 35 is fine. Because I made that mistake and thought I would never see more than 35 psi boy was I wrong that can be had very rapidly, now have a 35 lb one that is useless to me and needing a new one.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank all! i just bought the isspro 3 gauge set w pillar mount ($250) with 30 psi fuel press, 60 lb boost and pyro... lookin forward to gettin them in... your input was a great help!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Check out the ISSPRO Performax gauges. I put them in my 05, and they work really well. The install is very clean too. All of the gauges use the same three wires.

Paul

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Here is adifferent view... DiPricols...:w:

DiPricol Gauges

They look really close to the stock cluster at night...:w:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dipricol is the way I'm going. The Wiring system they sell with the kits is awesome, a dealer showed me the kit and I think the harness alone is gonna save me an hour or two of install time. Plus they light up better than anything I've seen.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Here is a quick photo of mine...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys and a tip of the hat to you, mopar1973man, for the install pics. i saw a couple of tricks im gonna use there...
i was lookin at dipricol gauges but cost was a large consideration in making my choice and the isspro were over $125 less than dipricol. i cann see the quality difference, but money is tight and with the package deal i found for isspro, that made it the logical choice for me.
but thanks again to all of you!

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got Isspro and I love them, but they are all good imo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts