Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! New guy here from Indiana. Let me tell you a little about myself & my truck.

Truck details:
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 ST, 2wd, Quad Cab, short bed, 6-speed manual transmission, 3.73 gears. Tires: 265/70/17 Scorpion Pirelli STRa, E load rating, inflated to 70psi. DPF & EGR delete. Smarty Jr. fuel economy tune w/ most advanced timing. I also regularly use an upper grill block and a block heater. Just over 85K miles.

Fuel mileage is my hobby/obsession. I try to squeeze every possible mile out of every drop in the tank (without unreasonably compromising safety, maintenance, or longevity). I mostly hang out over at Ecomodder.com under the username Diesel_Dave. You can see my fuel log over there. When I first bought the truck in January of this year, I averaged about 18-19mpg. 9 months later after the DPF & EGR delete, a few small mods and a very intense focus on driving technique and route selection (most all my driving is my 25 mile commute to and from work). Most all this is unloaded. Every so often I'll actually put the truck to work and haul a few things. After a lot of work I've now averaged 31.5 mpg over the last 5 months.

Ecomodder has been a great source for fuel economy techniques, but every so often I need some Cummins-specific knowledge so that's why I'm here.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
This is a good place for learning specifics. I've bookmarked many, many "potential" maintenance/repair/upgrade posts and threads. Some excellent members to learn from.

Glad you joined. You're the only guy I can think of recently whose posts I've printed and kept handy in learning more about driving for fuel economy. As a CTD is the best animal for every type of diesel performance I hope that there is more interest around here in what we try to do over on ECOMODDER. Some excellent big brains over there.

The Ferd drivers collect TSB's and worry about the best wax job; the Chubbies pull an RV and trade often . . only the CTD does it all, and does it very, very well over the longest lifespan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts