Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New Fender, OEM wrong color repaint.

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Grit dog 
#1 ·
So Im replacing a damaged driver's side front fender on my 08'. I don't like the review on the aftermarket fenders saying their thin and dent easy.

I found a used OEM gloss black in great shape (with the Cummins badge still lol)on ebay for ~200 shipped. Is there any reason I can sand that one down, prime, and paint it just like I would an aftermarket pre-primed?

#3 ·
What is the question? Used OE fender or new OE or re-pop fender, they all take paint the same.
You might get a slight color difference (likely) with that red metallic if it's the truck in your avatar.
However, it's not horribly time consuming to blend it into the door.

Reactions: s10010001
#4 ·
What is the question? Used OE fender or new OE or re-pop fender, they all take paint the same.
You might get a slight color difference (likely) with that red metallic if it's the truck in your avatar.
However, it's not horribly time consuming to blend it into the door.
Sorry it was clear. It was new 3rd party e coated fender vs oem pull from a grey truck.

I ended up getting tie oem fender. I figured a perfect fit and OEM gauge steel was more important than my time sanding.

#5 ·
^ ?? Ok, I would go OE used vs re-pop as well.

#7 ·
Re-pop is an aftermarket piece. Old auto body slang I suppose.

Reactions: s10010001
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.