Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in new Fass With big line from the tank up and a draw straw. When I turn the key on the pressure gets up to thirteen, when I start the engine the fuel pressure drops down to 0. HELP!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
No leaks anywhere? Was there fuel in the filter canister? What pressure does it prime at? How long did it run with 0 pressure?

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there's fuel in the filter ,there's fuel at the return line on the injection pump.It primes up to 10-12 ,When I start the engine it drops to 0. It takes about 5 seconds to drop,then I turn it off.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Are you drawing fuel through the stock pickup tube? Was there an intank lift pump in there?

If so, you'll need a new draw tube..

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Maybe you loose power to the pump after the engine starts

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Merged your threads and replies..

The gauge is a good place to look.

Another thing you can do to eliminate a possible problem is to fashion a test light in the power harness on the hot wire to the pump. If the light is on, you know your pump has power, light goes off, you know the pump is not getting power. If your pump is losing power, could be a bad relay, bad ground, OEM harness issue, or, a combination of the above.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a draw straw II.
The guage is on the juice w/attitude
The pump is FASS hpfp
I will make sure the pump is running after I start it.
THanks to all for the help
-Dave

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Some sending units need to be grounded....

If your pick up in the FASS application and is mounted in the hose, you could be losing signal because the sender itself has no ground... it is sitting on rubber and fuel.

Just an idea....

·
Registered
999 Posts
Where did you connect your fuel line? Doe's your Fass system have teh filters? My friend hooked his fuel line to stock fuel system instead of the pump. He had 18 psi for a little bit then it would drop to zero he also had the edge juice with attitude for the guage. When I put the fuel line straight to the pump and put in a tee for the fuel psi sensor it worked great 18 psi all of the time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put the sending unit in the 90* fitting at the input on the VP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts