Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got someone interested in buying my cat back dualls, so I was thinking about getting a single 5 inch. Would this benefit me with my sig ? My summer plan is to get a Smarty,CFM intake manifold,Goerend TC, Valve body, and a Fass fuel system. I just want to buy the right exhaust for the right amount of power. Or should I just go with single 4 inch? I like stacks, but the wife doesn't like how loud they are, and I'm not sure I would like the noise factor either. I don't for see me going beyond to much more power than the smarty,but than you never know.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'll be doing all those goodies in sometime soon as well :hyper:!!! As far as exhaust goes, Bigger is Better :thumbsup.....Cooler EGTs are always good. My .02 cents.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the same!

I was actually leaning towards the 5 inch. I was just curious with the tuner I'll be using is the 5 inch exhaust over kill.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would say it's not overkill. I run 5" with no tuner. I really don't think there is a big difference between 4" & 5" besides slightly cooler EGTs. Running a Smarty I'd rather have 5". Back pressure is a non-issue.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'd say 5" is not overkill. I run 5" with no tuner. If you're gonna run a smarty I'd go 5". I don't think there's much difference between 4" & 5" besides slightly lower EGTs.

Edit: Internet messed up, thought the last post didn't go through.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

I agree with ya. If i go through with it I'll get the 5 inch exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts