Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for some new injectors. Has anyone out there have any feedback on DDP's stage 2 or New era's 370 or 435's. New Era's are edm'd, and I think DDP's are extrude honed. I will be running taper cut delivery valves, #10 plate 3gsk, and soon a larger turbo. I never tow,just drag race. So in your opinion who makes the better injector? New Era or DDP? Or maybe you can suggest another manufacturer--like the dragonfly's.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have ran both and the DDPs are a much smoother, cleaner injector.
DDPs are EDMd and the extrude honed to polish the holes.

Dont get me wrong, New Era makes some nice injectors for the money.

BTW, New Era 370s=90hp, 435s=140hp
DDP3s=90hp, DDP4s=140hp.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think the biggest difference in cost, is you get NEW injectors from DDP and used ones from New Era. You take your chances with the New Era ones, they could have 10,000 or 1,000,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
861 Posts
you pay for what you get i always say haha....well said. but if you are on a budget, you cant go wrong with New Eras, they are a nice injector, but DDPs are just nasty. it all depends on what you want to pay

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had them both and liked the DDP4s way better, cleaner and made better power on the top end.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the biggest difference in cost, is you get NEW injectors from DDP and used ones from New Era. You take your chances with the New Era ones, they could have 10,000 or 1,000,000 miles on them.
But Chuck is one heck of a guy and I am sure he would stand behind his injector if it failed of its own cause. WHen I have the cash, I will go with 435s and take my chances. EIther way, you are getting a better injector than marine 370s.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I have only run stock and DDP2s so I can't comment on other brands or sizes but I love my DDP2s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts