Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about two months I purchased my first diesel an 06 mega cab an started to have what I believed was an injectors issue an after having a shop look at it an they did an compression test turns out that my motor was actually dusted. So now I am getting a new long block from Supreme Diesel, I am getting a third stage cam installed an after head studs. I will also be reinstalling my afe intake an smarty chip. I'm am just looking if anyone had any advice for breaking in my new engine.

·
Registered
547 Posts
when i put my new long block in all i done was change the oil filter at 500 miles and topped it off then changed the oil and filter at 1000. took it fairly easy although i did haul my 5x10 trailer around with my 4 wheeler for work quiet often, then i started playing slowly after 1000 miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where I'm getting the engine from from said they wanted me to work the engine to form the pistons to the cylinders an they also suggested running a john deere break in oil

·
Registered
2014 Ram 3500 Limited CCLB DRW 4x4
249 Posts
I just built an engine and the way I'm breaking it in is, take it easy to 500 miles and do an oil change along with a valve adjustment. Then I get a little harder on the throttle everyonce in awhile to 1000 miles. I will change my oil again here and once more at 2500 miles. At 2500 miles I will once again check valve lash and headstud torque and then its to the races.

At work talking to you guys!!

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
with a diesel you you want to load it hard to break in rings idealy rebuild start make sure no leaks through on dyno .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I live in fort nelson bc no one has a dyno up here though]

·
Registered
2014 Ram 3500 Limited CCLB DRW 4x4
249 Posts
I have nothing to tow either, so i take it easy on her until 2500 miles.

At work talking to you guys!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.