Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mentioned that the other day I had the AX flash. I didn't notice that they had put that sticker and CD that explains the overhead messages in my glove box.....
The service manager did not even know what I was talking about when I asked him about the overhead flash. I guess the tech must have put it in there. I would have been nice if someone at the dealership could have explained a few things to me.

:woot:

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I believe it now displays when you are in regen.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I did a little searching and it appears it changes the DPF warning message that is displayed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I notice no difference in all of my overhead readings and it definately does not tell you when your in regen. My edge will alarm and the overhead just keeps saying the wrong mpg lol without any warning of regen. I think it just warns you soon like at 60 or 70 percent full now not at 80 or whatever.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Mine hasn't displayed any new messages. I have an idea that the new messages might only show after it prompts you about being xx% full. That's just my theory - it tells you that there's a problem and you're supposed to do some highway driving. Then (and not unless you've had the xx% full message) maybe it tells you that regen is in progress so that you know you're doing the right kind of driving to clear it up. Just my theory, but I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AX flash

I would also like to know.

I have seen no change on the overhead. I can still see when I am in regen with the mileage drop. However the guys at the dealership put the sticker, manual, and the DVD in the glove box that explains how it works. I think it will not show anything until its plugged up (like 80%). I have never seen any messages about regen since I have had the truck off the lot. I have even idled it for extended periods of time and never a chime or message.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, I grabbed me some :popcorn: and sat down and watched that CD when I got my truck. From what I could decipher the truck will do a passive regeneration alot, but will only turn on the bells and whistles when the system gets pretty full. I know mine does a passive regeneration about every two days of driving or so. I watch the EGTs go up and the MPGs go down, then I watch the EGTs go down and the MPGs go back up. It's like my gauges and readouts are doing the Margarana!:drool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts