Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just picked up an 07 6.7 my only question so far is that it’s missing all the (bad) stuff and has been tuned. I have no idea who tuned and it just has an edge monitor on it. I took it too the dealership so they could turn the manual high idol on and they wouldn’t do it because they said they would have to reflash my ecm and delete the tune. Where should I go from here. I live in Alaska and high idol is almost necessary, thank you all

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Alfa obd should be able to do it.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
@Alaskadiesel4691 Now I understand I live in Kansas, but I took mine to my local (key word - small town) dodge/ram dealer. They were able to enable my high idle WITHOUT me having to re-upload my tune afterwards on my 6.7 BUT....I know many dealers are probably stubborn and different. Maybe it's something new and I'm wrong, or maybe try and see if you can find a different person in the shop if possible, but you already know, whatever you do, don't flash that ecm unless you're prepared lol. It did also cost me $35 or $40 too.

But as daltana stated above. AlfaOBD should be able to enable high idle, fogs w/ brights and MANY MANY more options, it's in my opinion WELL worth the investment for it.

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Have you tried the high idle?
Most tunes enable it for you.

Reactions: s10010001

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Yup use alpha odb to turn it on. DO NOT let a dealer touch it, you could end up in a bad spot with a truck that won’t run if they dare re flash it.

also, it should be on if it’s got a tune. Put it in park, idle engine, set the parking break, turn on cruise control, push the set cruise button, it should idle up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup use alpha odb to turn it on. DO NOT let a dealer touch it, you could end up in a bad spot with a truck that won’t run if they dare re flash it.

also, it should be on if it’s got a tune. Put it in park, idle engine, set the parking break, turn on cruise control, push the set cruise button, it should idle up.
I have tried it myself and it wouldn’t idle up. I do have a manual trans and was reading somewhere else that pins had to be connected and grounded but it didn’t go into much detail so I’m not sure if that’s the case either

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
@Alaskadiesel4691 Oh, yea if you have the manual transmission, then I think there is the one extra step of just finding this specific wire and grounding it. I have copy and pasted a description that I found on the forum here about how to find the wire, and then grounding it. Not sure if it will help any bit or not, but I figured I could spend a few minutes looking something up lol.

@mastercaster for the credit on the post that I found.

"you don't need any extra parts to enable the high idle on a manual trans, I did mine and have posted how to do it before (on other forums). You need to have the dealer enable it, just like on the auto trans. The only other step is to ground the one wire. The wire is located on the firewall. driver side, far left bottom firewall. Basically if you go straight back from the emergency brake handle to the firewall, you'll see a large wire harness, white in color. You can unhook that harness, and behind it there is a very short (4 inches maybe) dark green wire coming through the firewall. The wire has a heat-shrink cap on the end. Strip the end of the wire and ground it to one of the two bolts next to the harness, that's it. You'll need your flashlight to see that little wire back there. That's it folks no money on any parts. That wire is for the optional clutch safety switch, it is really not needed, as the transmission has to be in neutral and the emergency brake set in order for the high idle to activate. If you touch the brake pedal or release the emergency brake, the high idle will disengage."

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Alaskadiesel4691 Oh, yea if you have the manual transmission, then I think there is the one extra step of just finding this specific wire and grounding it. I have copy and pasted a description that I found on the forum here about how to find the wire, and then grounding it. Not sure if it will help any bit or not, but I figured I could spend a few minutes looking something up lol.

@mastercaster for the credit on the post that I found.

"you don't need any extra parts to enable the high idle on a manual trans, I did mine and have posted how to do it before (on other forums). You need to have the dealer enable it, just like on the auto trans. The only other step is to ground the one wire. The wire is located on the firewall. driver side, far left bottom firewall. Basically if you go straight back from the emergency brake handle to the firewall, you'll see a large wire harness, white in color. You can unhook that harness, and behind it there is a very short (4 inches maybe) dark green wire coming through the firewall. The wire has a heat-shrink cap on the end. Strip the end of the wire and ground it to one of the two bolts next to the harness, that's it. You'll need your flashlight to see that little wire back there. That's it folks no money on any parts. That wire is for the optional clutch safety switch, it is really not needed, as the transmission has to be in neutral and the emergency brake set in order for the high idle to activate. If you touch the brake pedal or release the emergency brake, the high idle will disengage."
Will the alfa obd activate fogs lights on an 2008? If so which one should I get.....lx mx or mx+ ?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
@Isolated Diesel I cannot give a 100%, but I am very very positive that it can and will do that. And ME personally, I choose the OBDLink MX+ (currently $100 on Amazon as I type this) just because I wanted to make sure I had the best/top tier connection with how picky our trucks are with electronics lol and it works great as a standalone for other uses and devices too. Mine has never given me any issues and still works perfect.

I have heard of guys using the LX (green/android version) with no issue but I like the added security lol.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Isolated Diesel I cannot give a 100%, but I am very very positive that it can and will do that. And ME personally, I choose the OBDLink MX+ (currently $100 on Amazon as I type this) just because I wanted to make sure I had the best/top tier connection with how picky our trucks are with electronics lol and it works great as a standalone for other uses and devices too. Mine has never given me any issues and still works perfect.

I have heard of guys using the LX (green/android version) with no issue but I like the added security lol.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Order mx+ and came today. We have fog lights! Thanks so much.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
@Isolated Diesel Now now, don't forget to disable the foglight droppout option as well, so that when you turn your high beams on, your fog lights will continue to stay on, instead of turning off like most do!

Use responsibly, glad to help lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts