Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Diesel owner. I traded my 05 F150 for a 07.5 2500 6.7 ram diesel which only has 18000 miles on it. It's a 4x4 qaud cab.
I am having a problem with it skipping and since I have purchase this vehicle from a used car lot a month ago it's been at the dealer 5 times for warranty repairs (it's still under the bumber to bumber warranty) This last time it's been there for about a week and they have changed the throttle body and now an injector. They still have the truck.
Wish I would have known the problems they had with this year model. Would like to drive it some since I now own it. The ford was great just wanted a diesel to pull my boat.
Are the 2010 6.7 any better??

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
yes. and I would venture to say that a 3 year old truck with that low of miles means two things...1 it was babied, or only driven on short drives, wreaking havoc on the emissions junk, or 2, it was a lemon from the get-go, and spent too much time in the shop.

can you elaborate on the skipping more? Also, did it throw a CEL or anything? codes will help us alot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I know about the truck was that it was repo..as far as history the only thing dodge show's is the normal maint stuff and the transmission was changed out. It did have a CEL, but they said it was due to DPF and they did a recall flash which reduced the power. When I first bought the truck you could hear the turbo spool up but after the flash u could not. The tech said they change the way the turbo open to reduce soot. They have had if for 6 days and today i check on it and the tech was installing a new injector, The dealer offer me 32,000 on a trade for a new 2010 and the tech thought that was not a bad ideal. They said the GM of the dealership wanted it and had it sold and made the offer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The truck feels like it's cutting back when under a load, IE pulling or going up hill, not too bad when on flat roads. When pulling a car trailer with a ford ranger on it going up a hill it started droping speed. I press the pedal and the rpm went to 3000 and then back to 2000 but did not gain speed, however with the pedal to the floor did not loose any more speed.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Have them do the J35 recall and also ask them to check the fuel pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts