Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New Diesel Owner....2006 Ram

379 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  jkidd
Hey everyone,

I just purchased my first diesel truck, 2006 Ram 2500 Mega Cab, and I'm looking to rebuild it to be a daily driver.

It's rough around the edges, but it has potential. I'm hoping to get some knowledge from everyone here as I work to rebuild it. Here are a few pictures.

Cheers,

Brad
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. Looks like she’s got good bones, is it high mileage? Paint’s an issue I see.

What else does she need? It’s got ‘07-‘09 badging as ‘06 still had separate letters placed a little lower.
Good catch....yeah the frame and drivetrain is '06, but the cab was replaced with an '07 cab. It needs rockers, cab corners and a new box. I can do all that work myself and I have the time right now, so it will be a project to be done over the next few months. The drivetrain has 256,000miles (410,000km).

· Registered
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don’t really understand why everyone is making a big deal of everything. Drive it and fix what needs to be fixed when it goes bad. You don’t need to do a full blown restore.
So you’ll put some money into it, what’s the alternative? A new truck? Doubt that will be cheaper.
Exactly. I do the body work myself, so it's going to maybe cost me $5,000 for parts and paint. Then maybe another $2,500 in parts to get it back working the way it should be. All the work is being done myself so it will be way cheaper than a new one......I don't need to get a second mortgage for a truck, but rather just pick away at this one for a couple of months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts