Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started another thread earlier, you guys wanted pics. I would have done a write up but it would of ended up way too long. Its simple and straight forward. I bought my dash from The dealership for 622! Fitment was absolutely perfect. This dash is made by a different manufacturer than original and it is also made out of better thicker material. Heres the pics!

Just getting started

I took several picture of where wiring was. I opted to pull the main harness off of the back of the metal tube on the dash because of the aftermarket alarm system (which i promptly cut out during reinstall due to the shibby job of the alarm shop.

Point of no return!!! This would be a good time for blend door fix's as well as a good wipe down and blow out of the HVAC system... Of course i didnt fix my blend doors:doh:

New dash going back in

Almost done!

Just took these tonight because yall wanted them.

NOTICE THE NICE TIGHT FIT!!!! Couldnt be happier!!!

This really wasnt that bad of a job despite what everyone says. No special tools needed, Just take stuff off and putting it back on is all your doing. I will be happy to answer any questions and if your local I can help you (will work for beer). I decided not to go with a cover lay for the simple fact that your not fixing the problem only putting a bandaid on it. The little pieces under the cover still break off rattle, can cause electrical problems including airbag issues and FIREHAZARDS! Trust me this job looks alot worse than it really is. The electrical plugs only plug into one place so there is no need to worry about messing up your wiring. If your thinking about doing this then..... DO IT!!! DONT GET THE COVERLAY!

·
Registered
480 Posts
doesnt sound like its too bad of a job and looks nice. mine just cracked this winter! dammit! might look into it after my turbo is fab'd and in. ill keep you in mind if i attempt

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea ill be keeping the armorall off of this one

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the EXACT same thing i asked the Dodge dealers. They informed me that it was a new manufactuer made with a i different material. This would make sense considering the dash is so old now. I opted for this over Geno's due to the fact that the Geno's dash said "some trimming required" and it came in black and needed painting. I figured the factory dash is better off than me having to paint one. like i said, the fit was perfect with no trimming required.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did make sure though as i was putting everything back together to make sure nothing was under stress and all places were relaxed before tightening down.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yea ill be keeping the armorall off of this one
Why? Is there something in it that breaks down the plastic? I have always heard it was good for it.

I have a buddy that works at Dodge, and he said that dodge changed the dash in 04. Thats why 02(1/2 tons) 03's and early 04's are the only ones(to my knowledge) that crack. I have never personally seen a cracked 04 or 05 unless someone abused it.

Shoot man, I would pull my motor, trans, and rebuild both before doing that. I have done one before and HATED it. I get SO impatient with interior work, I always end up breaking tabs and clips.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rumor is that Cracks havent appeared until armour all was used. I used armor all when i first got the truck and the cracks got worse. There were hardly any tabs and clips. ONly lots and lots of screws.

·
Hold my beer
1,045 Posts
how long did it take to complete the project?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4-5 hours working at a slow pace. could be done in 3-4 if you had to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.