Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Evening Guys,

New member here. Just sold my pride and joy ( a Ford.. ) and picking up a new ( to me ) 2002 2500.. Look forward to learning more about diesel motors as this is the first one I will own..

Specs on new truck are as follows..

Full Built Auto Transmission: Built in July 30, 2010 with 133509 miles on the truck. Truck currently has 152050 – difference of 18541. Also includes Triple Disk Billet Torque Converter and Heavy Duty Billet Fly Wheel, also has a Torque Converter Lock-Up Switch.

6 inch Aussies Stacks connected to a 5 inch “Y” Pipe, reduced to a 4 inch exhaust. WAS straight piped but did not pass inspection so previous owner had to add a muffler. MBRP muffler.

50 Airdog
S&B Cold Air Intake
New Water Pump and Belt Tensioner
Vulcan Performance: Modified Fuel Module w/ Draw Straw Installed AND VP MAX Intercooler Boot Kit
Both batteries are less than 1 year old
APPSensor is 2 years old from Kimbo

D RAD Box – Speed Eliminator (To remove Torque Management via Switch)
Edge Drag Comp
2 year old VP44 - Rougly 15K miles on it
Isspro EV2 Gauges: Fuel Pressure (On Steering Column), Boost, EGT, and Trans Temp (3 on Pillar)

6" Suspension Lift
Custom Backwoods Bumper Billet Grill
Halo Aftermarket Replacement Head lights
Recon Smoked Cab Lights
Power and Heated Tow Mirrors
Custom 4 wheel engagement “C” Shift Knob

The following less than 1 year old:
New Hubs, XRF Ball Joints, Steering linkages, Steering Shock, Dodge truck steering stabilizer (DSS), Upgraded adjustable 3rd Generation track bar and Kit from SourceAutomotive.Biz, Borgeson Steering Box AND Borgeson Steering Shaft, Sway Bar Links.

HTT 64/71/13ss with 4 inch 40 style down pipe.
175 Horse Power Injectors

NEW Sony Radio with New 6.5” mids, 1”Tweeters Infinity Component Speaker System, Subwoofers: Pro Box Down Firing with 2 – 10” Rockford Fosgate P2s.

Let me know what you guys think

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Good Evening Guys,

New member here. Just sold my pride and joy ( a Ford.. ) and picking up a new ( to me ) 2002 2500.. Look forward to learning more about diesel motors as this is the first one I will own..

Specs on new truck are as follows..

Full Built Auto Transmission: Built in July 30, 2010 with 133509 miles on the truck. Truck currently has 152050 – difference of 18541. Also includes Triple Disk Billet Torque Converter and Heavy Duty Billet Fly Wheel, also has a Torque Converter Lock-Up Switch.

6 inch Aussies Stacks connected to a 5 inch “Y” Pipe, reduced to a 4 inch exhaust. WAS straight piped but did not pass inspection so previous owner had to add a muffler. MBRP muffler.

50 Airdog Airdog 150
S&B Cold Air Intake
New Water Pump and Belt Tensioner
Vulcan Performance: Modified Fuel Module w/ Draw Straw Installed AND VP MAX Intercooler Boot Kit good boots
Both batteries are less than 1 year old
APPSensor is 2 years old from Kimbo Timbo Apps

D RAD Box – Speed Eliminator (To remove Torque Management via Switch) BD Rad Box
Edge Drag Comp Edge Comp "Drag"/Hot = nice box make sure it's tapped to the VP44, most likely is
2 year old VP44 - Rougly 15K miles on it
Isspro EV2 Gauges: Fuel Pressure (On Steering Column), Boost, EGT, and Trans Temp (3 on Pillar) Good, reliable gauges, top of the line

6" Suspension Lift
Custom Backwoods Bumper Billet Grill
Halo Aftermarket Replacement Head lights
Recon Smoked Cab Lights
Power and Heated Tow Mirrors
Custom 4 wheel engagement “C” Shift Knob

The following less than 1 year old:
New Hubs, XRF Ball Joints, Steering linkages, Steering Shock, Dodge truck steering stabilizer (DSS), Upgraded adjustable 3rd Generation track bar and Kit from SourceAutomotive.Biz, Borgeson Steering Box AND Borgeson Steering Shaft, Sway Bar Links.

HTT 64/71/13ss with 4 inch 40 style down pipe. HX40 down pipe...Very nice turbo
175 Horse Power Injectors Who's injectors??

NEW Sony Radio with New 6.5” mids, 1”Tweeters Infinity Component Speaker System, Subwoofers: Pro Box Down Firing with 2 – 10” Rockford Fosgate P2s.

Let me know what you guys think
Very nice looking truck, looks well maintained with quality parts!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you man, sorry for some of the errors, I was copy / pasting and I guessed I missed a few! Appreciate the feedback buddy. As far as the injectors go, I forgot to ask, I will find out

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir, went and test drove it today, love it. I kinda figured he would be on this forum! lol. I pick it up Wednesday

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
Thought this truck looked familiar! Congrats on the new truck and :welcome:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats on the truck and welcome to the forum!

Believe I saw this truck one day while stalking the lower 48 postings on CL.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to Cummins forum. Some of the guys in the texas sectio were talking about a Dallas meet and greet.

·
Registered
346 Posts
:drool2::drool2::drool2: Love the Stacks!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
welcome to the forum buddy..damn thats a beautiful rig...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are you keeping the " California lean" look or you going to level it out? Or does it just look higher in frou t becouse of the picture?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know man, I didn't really notice it in person as much as in the pics.. I will level it out if it has the lean though

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to Cummins forum. Some of the guys in the texas sectio were talking about a Dallas meet and greet.
I will go check that out, thanks bud.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have had my truck for two days and am currently trying to track down an oil leak coming from somewhere on the drivers side of the motor..drips on my power steering pump and front diff, then to the ground... besides that, I wanted to give you what my gauges are showing and see if that seems right, for what is done to the truck ( see original post ).

At 60 mph exactly, my boost is reading between 3-5 PSI, my pyro is at 1000-1100 and my trans temp is at 135ish. Fuel psi is between 21-22..

My biggest concern is the EGT readings.. I'm only doing 60mph and I'm up at those numbers, not even towing anything. In a year or two when I move I will need to tow a vehicle to wherever I get stationed at next.. I'm guessing I will need to change the turbo/injectors, correct??

Anyways, with the current setup how do those numbers look?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will - it's on the lowest setting..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just a thought, but since I'm running 37s on stock gears, could that possibly throw off my EGTs?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I regret buying this truck. It's got problems that the owner did not tell me about and the more I drive it the more I'm realizing it's not a sound truck. Already cost me almost 2k to fix, I partially blame myself for not doing enough research but this being my first diesel I am definitely learning the hard way.

The previous owner told me the truck was perfect and he was only selling it because he is facing an "unexpected government furlough' and he needed money, however he is purchasing a 700hp camero now or some crap.

He is on this forum and I hope he sees this, because he won't respond to my text.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts