Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I've wanted one and finally i got one. Bought it used with 44k miles, it's a 2012 and was well taken care of.

I trolled this forum for quite a while looking for guidance on mods. I knew i wanted to remove emissions equipment due to the rediculous regen cycle. Truck is offroad only so it made the decision easy.

Sinister EGR delete.
FloPro 5" with muffler
Torque Tech T2

Turbo spools up faster now, mileage went from 14avg to 16avg. Highest i can get my EGTs on level 2 is 900-1000*.

I guess my biggest concern is the head gasket. I don't haul real heavy loads, 7k typically. I know it's kind of a pull from the hat on whose hg is going to blow. But any advice on what to do and not to do would be greatly appreciated. I'll post up pics soon.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I used my 2010 hard on the 100+ setting never had any problem with head gaskets, I think it's a low # of problems!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yeah just noticing that, could an admin move it to the appropriate section?
I'm sure if you PM them with this link they could. It is a shame that you can not delete your own threads. Then you could do that and then post it were you wanted to the first time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, to much criteria for file sizes on uploading.

Thanks for that response, I used to rag out a 5.9 H.O. towing with Edge Juice/W Attitude on level 3-4 all the time with no issues. But I've read a few people talk about stretching head bolts. I just don't want to end up in that scenario. Currently running the TT2 on level 3 "street" and it easily breaks lose the 35x12.50 Kuhmo M/Ts.

EGT's got up to 1150 on the block off plate. I can't believe how low the EGTs are on this truck, the 5.9 would frequent the 1500-1600 range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.