Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options for upgrading the coils springs on a 2wd? Has any one replaced theirs and do you like them. Does Kore and Lorenz deal only in the 4x4 market I didn't see on their web pages any options for 2wd. Any input will be appreciated.

·
SC Chapter President
1,289 Posts
I've jeard that you can take the front springs out of a 3rd gen 4x4, and it would give it the extra2" to level it out. Never seen it done myself, but thats just what I've heard. If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to out a stiffer spring in the front of you truck?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for something better than factory not really looking for stiffer. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I posed a question in the suspension forum about replacing the front coil springs with airbags. I think that would produce a very smooth riding truck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A few years ago I saw an episode of "Trucks" where they replaced the front coils on an 01 dually with air bags, I think the kit was from Air Ride Technologies, but I'm not sure. I've searched but never found a kit. I'd love to have air bags on my 96, that thing rides like a bull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts