Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my clutch is starting to slip now. I have the stuff in my sig. I dont drive it hard, but I am quite a bit over stock.

I need a new clutch. And I dont know which to get. My dad wants to take me to a big diesel event for graduation and do dynos and all the jazz but I cant go with a slipping clutch. What would you suggest. I was looking at South Bend and Standard but I just was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. I was thinking somewhere around the 500hp/1100trq power range....

I graduate from high school next month so maybe I can get him to get a new clutch for my "graduation" present :lol3:

·
Registered
55 Posts
south bend is the only way to go if you want something to last you. if you plan on going higher with your hp i would suggest a dual disc clutch.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
another vote for a Southbend DD. top notch crew and products.:thumbsup

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dont go by our recommendations... call direct and tell the folks at South Bend what you have and what you plan on doing. Then let them tell you what you need. The "my brothers friend's cousin..." bit is not something you want to listen to on an important purchase like a clutch. The folks at So.Bend are very helpfull and will tell you the good and bad of going overboad so that you get what you need the first time. That's one reason I love my Con-Ofe so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts