Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order a new clutch and I am trying to pick wich one. I am goin with Valair but I am trying to pick between ceramic and feramic and kevlar can anyone tell me what each one is good for??

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
It really depends on what you do and how you drive your truck, if you go with too aggressive of a single plate with 3.55 gears and 35 inch tires it wont be smooth engagement.
Full Feramic and Ceramic are aggressive clutches designed for street type racing, they are basically no slip. they also are not designed for sled pulling and or 3rd or higher gear launches, not the best choice for towing.

Organic/Feramic and Ceramic/Kevlar clutches are designed for 500hp and less, not designed for launching, work well pulling trailers

If you want a clutch to do both than a Dual Disc is what you need.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usualy use this for a daily driver but also would like to do sum pulling but with 35's and 3:55I lack power badly! but I would prefer smooth driving that would hold around 400 hp. I am thingking Organic/Feramic sounds like the best bet to me.

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,124 Posts
i have ceramic/ceramic with 3.73 gears awsome clutch very aggresive but i fits my driving style to the T. i will be upgrading to a DD most likly by the end of the summer but

for all out play the ceramic is awsome for me i do dirt drags with my ceramic and i build up to a about 10psi with is and have had no trouble but i sure hope it will handle the little boost launches tha i do so far so good

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about a full organic clutch?

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
it wont hold your mods, i have a full feramic and it will handle all i have and more, towing is tricky like dan said but it is an awesome clutch to play with. Let me know if i can help, i am a fully authorized dealer. Chad @ Upstate Diesel Performance

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any one want to pm me with some prices of clutches i would be happy to look.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i got a couple of options here i found a south bend clutch it is organic but it is rated for 400 hp wich should cover my truck fairly eisly "This Dyna Max kit features an organic lining with marcelled fins. This pressure plate has been modified for higher plate load and smoothness of engagement. This kit will hold up to 400 horsepower & 900 ft. lbs. of torque"

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put in the Valair Ceramic/Kevlar and so far I am very happy with it, tows good, just a little more grabby than stock. It was also priced very well. I would recomend calling Dan at Valair and talking to him. I called and he took the time to figure out what I do with the truck and what things I will be doing to it later on to make sure I was happy in the long run. He seems to have a great intrest in makeing sure you get what you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts