Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Well i had to pull the transmission off. No leaks, nothing wrong really just allot of slop somewhere. So i figured while i have the tranny down i may as well put in a good clutch and replace the rear main seal.

So my question is what clutch should i get? Im going to atleast one or two sled pulls a year. Im going to run the quarter mile a few times a year, and other than that just messin around, burnouts, offroading, and towing (up to 10k at the most). I dont want to loose my ability to quick shift so im not sure on a dual disk but i like the reviews on the dd3250 but it my be overkill for me. Only thing im going to do is get another smarty and put in small injectors when my stock ones fail, and light turbo upgrade later on when the stock one fails. Im switching to 33's too so my tires will be lighter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a valair dd street it's loud but cause it gets rid of the dual mass flywheel in the g56 but I love it. It has good street matters and it not as graby as I thought it was going to be. call and talk to Nick at valair and he will answer all your questions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Valair all the way just ordered my dual disc today... I have their single disc now and its been flawless... I didn't plan on going crazy with the truck, but did anyways...so had to upgrade Nick is who I ordered mine from... very helpful

·
Reconnaissance Expert
1,719 Posts
Valair DD here and it holds everything I throw at it with everything in my sig.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I have had good luck with south bend clutches. Quality parts, and great customer support. The dd3250 has proven to be a good all around clutch. Not too loud, pedal pressure isn't too stiff, and it doesn't slow down shifting much.

Mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, might try a valair dual disk. stock hydraulics for a while

·
Reconnaissance Expert
1,719 Posts
Don't run stock hydros. The valair kits should have them included

·
Registered
132 Posts
the sb 3250 has polymer in it. I wouldnt sled pull with it due to heat build up from slipping clutch. They wont warranty it if you melt it. I would suggest a 3600. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Don't run stock hydros. The valair kits should have them included

Mine didn't come with upgraded hydros but I thought you had to add that on when ordering it. What happens if I didn't upgrade those?...

Valair all the way, just put mine in today and it's amazing, night and day difference from the old one.
They also take pride in everything they make and will make sure everything works perfect for you.

Sent from my Fridge.

·
Registered
79 Posts
SB DDC3600G imo, I have NOT been impressed with Valair DD street clutches, they don't hold like a SB 3250, and I deff don't recommend running stock hydraulics with a DD, The thing about getting a street dual disc is that they don't like to really b slipped, AKA sled pulling or racing so watch it

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
SB DDC3600G imo, I have NOT been impressed with Valair DD street clutches, they don't hold like a SB 3250, and I deff don't recommend running stock hydraulics with a DD, The thing about getting a street dual disc is that they don't like to really b slipped, AKA sled pulling or racing so watch it
Do the hydraulics make it smoother? Cause mine right now is super grabby like a sports car ha.

Sent from my Fridge.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The plate load on the stock clutch is w...a...y lighter than the new higher performance clutch either Valair or SouthBend.As the stock hydro's are engineered for the plate load the new clutch is too much for the old hydro's

This is generally known as mickey mouse repair for the sake of a couple hundred
bucks and subsequent teardown BS.:shock:

·
Reconnaissance Expert
1,719 Posts
See I have ran them both and find the valair way better all the way around. My cousin has gone through 2 SB 3250s in the time I have had my Valair and he is no rougher on his truck than I am on mine, and his isn't nearly as turned up as mine is.

Both are great products with great service I think it just comes down to preference kind of like color

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.