Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys around here the new braunfels tx area want to check one out, the first one just hit the ground here at bluebonnet chrysler dodge. It is LONG. I have some info about warranty and the future of chrysler that i will share when I get home tonight. Also new flash out today BF and new turbo cleaning procedure. I am doing the first one here as I type. I will let you guys know how it goes.
peace!:headbang:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ultra ghey! the new turbo cleaning procedure that was just released cannot be performed because they have not released the needed update for the scan tool.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Any other info? Do you work at a dealership?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a nice truck 47k , I don't think they will sell it for that much. We need sales, bottom line. Cloth seats, auto white with tan interior. I do work there at the dealership, I work in the diesel shop so I was going nuts. It was like catnip.

On the warranty note guys, we just had a meeting with a corporate rep, and FIAT is taking the issues with this truck seriously. As per the rep, the DMs are pissed at the new leadership. Fiat really wants to turn Chrysler around. They are retraining the DMs and technicians to not going looking for tiny bits of dirt in the fuel to void warranties. In the words of the rep " Why make a work truck if it can't handle a bit of dirty fuel?" They are concerned about customer loyalty, which fell off a cliff with the 6.7. We are not talking about warranty on the truck that has the latest SMARTYZILLAMAXXJUICYDOG quadruple stack, with the EGR/DPF missing, a dirty AFE filter with a piece of pantyhose over it, and a footprint gas pedal. You guys are on your own, but you guys that have stock trucks or near stock trucks will no longer have to suffer because of the ultra modified.

Now on to the other news, the RAM 1500 diesel is BACK ON with a cummins v-8 under the hood. In the future for the RAM brand is also possibly REAL rigs! Fiats CEO personally rescued the RAM 1500 Diesel idea.

Chrysler's new gas v-6 (perviously the pentastar) will have 350 h.p. using technology from Fiat. All Chrysler cars will get interiors ATLEAST on par with the new RAM. As for VIPER, they will be making 500 more 2010 vipers, but they will all be custom one offs, the customer will be able to get anything they want on them. Then viper will stop production for 2 years while Ferrarri and Maserati improve the Viper's road manners and style! The goal is a car that can be driven daily, then go to the track and destroy all comers. It was an hour long meeting and that is all I can remember for now. If something comes to me, I will update.

Reactions: B-rock

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
We are not talking about warranty on the truck that has the latest SMARTYZILLAMAXXJUICYDOG quadruple stack, with the EGR/DPF missing, a dirty AFE filter with a piece of pantyhose over it, and a footprint gas pedal.
thats funny right there

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be funny, if it wasn't what I see on a weekly basis :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
It would be funny, if it wasn't what I see on a weekly basis :(
Bet that makes you sick, because you want to help them in the back of your mind.. but you just know you can't.

From what I've seen from you, you look like you work for a pretty nice and respectable dealer :) Wish I could do business down there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh you can! Buy the truck and pay for the fuel and I will drive it to you! We had a guy come in today and test drive it, he said it was too long. It looks weird to see a dodge long bed that long. First thing everyone says is it reminds them of a super duty because of the crewcab and the long bed.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Haha, should take a few pics for us ;)

If I ever buy a new truck, I'll give ya a call.. don't see that in the future though for this soon.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will see if I can get some pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good to hear the 1500 diesel is back on, i wouldn't buy it because of the v-8, but i know lots that would. Thanks:thumbsup:

BTW, I would buy my truck from you guys but i'm in mass.:doh:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once again I love to drive! You buy, I fly!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Once again I love to drive! You buy, I fly!
its a very generous offer, but, i couldn't stand not putting on those first 2500 miles myself. thanks though:ah:

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
It is a nice truck 47k , I don't think they will sell it for that much. We need sales, bottom line. Cloth seats, auto white with tan interior. I do work there at the dealership, I work in the diesel shop so I was going nuts. It was like catnip.

On the warranty note guys, we just had a meeting with a corporate rep, and FIAT is taking the issues with this truck seriously. As per the rep, the DMs are pissed at the new leadership. Fiat really wants to turn Chrysler around. They are retraining the DMs and technicians to not going looking for tiny bits of dirt in the fuel to void warranties. In the words of the rep " Why make a work truck if it can't handle a bit of dirty fuel?" They are concerned about customer loyalty, which fell off a cliff with the 6.7. We are not talking about warranty on the truck that has the latest SMARTYZILLAMAXXJUICYDOG quadruple stack, with the EGR/DPF missing, a dirty AFE filter with a piece of pantyhose over it, and a footprint gas pedal. You guys are on your own, but you guys that have stock trucks or near stock trucks will no longer have to suffer because of the ultra modified.

Now on to the other news, the RAM 1500 diesel is BACK ON with a cummins v-8 under the hood. In the future for the RAM brand is also possibly REAL rigs! Fiats CEO personally rescued the RAM 1500 Diesel idea.

Chrysler's new gas v-6 (perviously the pentastar) will have 350 h.p. using technology from Fiat. All Chrysler cars will get interiors ATLEAST on par with the new RAM. As for VIPER, they will be making 500 more 2010 vipers, but they will all be custom one offs, the customer will be able to get anything they want on them. Then viper will stop production for 2 years while Ferrarri and Maserati improve the Viper's road manners and style! The goal is a car that can be driven daily, then go to the track and destroy all comers. It was an hour long meeting and that is all I can remember for now. If something comes to me, I will update.
that sounds awesome! :thumbsup: it is about time we get some European influence over here specifically in the diesel market. Americans are stupid when it comes to diesel!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree 100% americans don't know diesels as well as they should. Cummins got around that by overbuilding their engines. Our diesels could be way more effient.

·
Registered
188 Posts
So if they are not looking for reasons to drop the warranty, will this just be on the new trucks or those of us that already have a 6.7?

·
Registered
694 Posts
any pictures?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry guys, today was my last day before "vacation", so I did not have time to snap a photo. We also just got a light brown short bed crew cab in. 4wd i believe. As for the warranty question, I believe that it will apply to all vehicles under warranty. Give it a year or so and you should see a total turn around as far as warranty goes. Fiat is taking their return to the US market very seriously. They want to move some cars over here, but the first hurdle is public perception. It can be fixed, but it will take time. I used to own a 1986 hyundai excel GLS, the first hyundai in the US. The public thought they were junk! They were. Powered by a mitsubishi 1.5 SOHC carbed engine, the public thought Hyundai was a total joke. Now you see a Hyundai and you don't get that same sense of junkness. Of course I fixed my hatch a little ( webber redline carb, timing tweaks, I still miss her :( ) but that is another story. The point is Fiat looks to be in this for the long haul, and wants to be a force in the US market. To do that, they will need to convince the American public that they believe in what they make, and will stand behind it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Couple pics...

Saw these here at a local shop... they had a Laramie and an SLT Crew Cab 4x4 both white. The graphite leather in the Laramie was sharp! :thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: pricklypete
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.