Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks... Jeff has been working on a fix for you Mid to High HP trucks that break standard size Billet Inputs...

Intoducing the NEW Standard in Garmons Stage 3 tranny and up!!

All stage 3's will soon be shipped / installed with his New ONE PIECE 300M CRYOED FAT SHAFT!! It will be mated with his already Brand New triple disk converter made specialy to take the FAT SHAFT!! No more standard sized shaft to cause worry when racing :)

Once supply is plentiful, this new FAT SHAFT set up will be an option to purchase on Stage 2 units as well. Someday this may even be the only option he'll sell as far as Inputs go...

So stop worrying about if you can afford the best, for a very minor price bump, Go STRAIGHT to the Stage 3 and get it FAT!!!!

These are being made for Garmons only and will be proprietary to Garmons Diesel!

(Older pics from when he was getting the test units)

Most recent pic sent from Jeff this morning!

For more information call Jeff Garmon at 404-557-4972

·
Registered
752 Posts
awww, why couldn't my truck wait another year before it ate the stock tranny?

Maybe for a future upgrade...

·
Registered
34 Posts
...Yes, but this shaft goes to "11"!

SUBSCRIBED!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
So what are the limits of a normal sized billet input? I've never snapped one but wouldn't mind having extra insurance!

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Jeff, Are you NUTS!?! Haha!! :shock: No offense David but man you rough on some stuff!
Ok....Well then let me borrow it for a couple hours...:hehe:

·
Registered
705 Posts
What's the new price for the stage 3

·
Registered
316 Posts
I may have to get one of these when I get back from deployment.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Why not go Aramet?

·
White Collar Fabricator
2,262 Posts
Please, no offense meant, just curious.

What is the difference in diameter between the two shafts, at the points indicated in the attached picture? If these dimensions haven't been increased, what would be the benefit of the increased diameter along the rest of the shaft? Wouldn't you reduce stress the stress riser at the end of the splines by necking the middle of the shaft down to just below the root diameter of the splines?

Again, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious about all things mechanical. :)

Nice looking piece!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please, no offense meant, just curious.

What is the difference in diameter between the two shafts, at the points indicated in the attached picture? If these dimensions haven't been increased, what would be the benefit of the increased diameter along the rest of the shaft? Wouldn't you reduce stress the stress riser at the end of the splines by necking the middle of the shaft down to just below the root diameter of the splines?

Again, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious about all things mechanical. :)

Nice looking piece!

I will defer to Jeff on this one as it's his piece.
He did however explain that since it's one piece and no snap ring is needed like in the two piece, the shaft does not need to be cut down in that area which increased the thickness significantly there. Which is the spot a lot of shafts snap at.

Maybe Jeff can share these numbers but it's not my place to. Call him a chat. I'm sure he can explain better than I.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Congrats again Jeff....as always your way ahead of the rest of the tranny pack being an innovator not a follower.

I'm sure you will have great success congrats.

Take care & keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Is this stronger than an aramet?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts