Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question im new to the cummins thing but very motivated im currently installing a 97 12v out of a bus in my 2000 hummer h1. My question is this I was told not to change the injectors because the stock one are the same as a 90 horse set do to them being out of a bus on the motor stamp the hp rating is 230 so is this true on not ???

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
First off, Welcome to CF!!

Im pretty sure the injectors are all the same in the 12v. What changes is a few things in the pump i.e. DV's, fuel plate and I think they change the timming a bit. Unless you going for power, the stockers should be more than fine. Although 12v injectors arent that expensive!

Also, some pics of the project would be nice! A 12v in an H1 sounds sweet!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
welcome to CF bus 12v's were rated at 190, injectors should be the same hole size as the pick up inejctors. to find out which pump you have get the cpl # off the tag........the engine i built to pull with was a bus engine, i will say it has a lot beefer block than the pick up blocks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, i will post some picks tomorrow when i get them off my phone by the way i live in plymouth IN. i did post some pics in the intro forum i got alot of work ahead of me but i think it will be worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thought i would add this. im glad i found this forum i pulled the timing cover and found that the killer pin was working its way out so that issues has been cared for. what else should i look for while the motor is on the stand ???

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
Sounds like a great project!

I am straight West of you, right down RT30 in Lake County....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ya I'm close too Laporte County bout 30 minutes away. Sounds like a sick project.

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,779 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
while its on the stand any thing else i should do for power or performance. i dont want to take it to far as i just want to get it running for now and not break it the first day out. but im sure it will be a hole lot easier to tweak things out of the truck. also just because it a hummer dosnt mean i have unlimited cash flow i traded a few rigs for this thing and so far not a good trade and the 6.5 has been a pain in the a$$ O and no power the truck would only do 65 lol but thats all going to change

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Nice! Ya those 6.5's in the H1's were GUTLESS!!!! Heck they were only rated to hit 70 MPH brand new, and rarly did!

Nice shop BTW......Might have just made a few new friends with that one!!!!

Oh and Jon, it does only take about 45 min..........I just know the right ways to go!

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,779 Posts
:doh: 39 to 30?

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
Let me know if you ever need help.....looks like a cool project I would be glad to drive out

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got a little further today, motor is bolted to trans and I have the pass side motor mount built. I also installed 4k gov springs and exhaust valve springs. Talk about a tight fit. If any one has a intake heater I need one thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
i live in mishawaka and work it bremen.. if u ever want some help lmk I just moved here and miss wrenching.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ya I'm close too Laporte County bout 30 minutes away. Sounds like a sick project.
Wow, where you out of in Wanatah, there is a few of us down here in Valpo.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I live on the east side of Wanatah on US 30 near the truck stop.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
you ever over our way??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.