Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AEM HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit with 5-Gallon Tank - AEM30-3001

REDUCE INLET AIR TEMPS & EGTs TO
RUN MORE BOOST
WHY USE AEM's WATER/METHANOL INJECTION KIT?

The new HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit is specifically designed for turbo-diesel and gas applications and includes multiple jets to suite your car or truck's power needs. The kit reduces air inlet temperatures and EGTs, which allows you to increase boost pressure and advance timing... leading to more power and safer operating conditions!

NO HIDDEN COSTS... EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED!

The HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit includes all the features necessary to do water/meth injection right. No hidden costs or optional components are required. Unlike other popular kits on the market, AEM includes a five-gallon tank with a fluid level sensor standard. Another standard feature is the boost-dependent, variable-flow progressive controller, which determines the amount of water/methanol mixture (up to 50%) to feed into the inlet stream. Flow adjustments at the inlet are made via three supplied jets that are designed to match most engine power requirements.

BOOST SAFE ENSURES ENGINE PROTECTION.

Also, because AEM's engineers believe engine protection is a requirement, not an option, we include our Boost Safe output in every controller we design. This feature allows you to retard timing or reduce boost if the system runs out of fluid or detects an error. With an AEM HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit, you get all the best features in one low-priced kit

FIVE-GALLON TANK DIMENSIONS AND MORE INFO.

The new five-gallon tank that is included in the HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit measures approximately 21-inches in length, 8-inches in width, and 10-inches in height. The tank is constructed of high-density polyethylene, which is very resistant to chemicals and moisture, making the material ideal for your water/methanol mixture. In addition, mounting the reservoir will be safe and secure with reinforced 1-inch mounting tabs that are located at each corner.

Kit includes everything needed for installation
Large-capacity 5-gallon reservoir with integral fluid level sensor

Boost Safe lets you retard the timing or reduce boost if the system runs out of fluid or detects an error
Progressive, controller-driven 150-PSI pump provides boost-dependent variable flow

Dash light relays system status and low fluid warning

Methanol & alcohol compatible (up to 50% in solution with water)

Includes three jets to match your power requirements

Reduces exhaust gas temperatures (EGTs) and inlet air temps on turbo-diesel and gas applications

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I will be in touch very soon for one of these...

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you want to know?

They do have a 1yr warranty. I did one on a friends Duramax and it was nice because it came with everything including a low fluid level light. Instructions were nice and clear too. I do believe though it will only read up to 45-50psi.

·
Xtreme Diesel Performance
343 Posts
does any one have pictures of where they have installed everything on a 05 3500 5.9L
I have a picture of the nozzle installed in a BD-Power manifold on our display engine in the showroom. On a stock manifold you can drill and tap in the same location.

These kits are universal so they do have a bit of adjustability and many install them in different locations.

A search bought up a few different options that members have used.
This one is on a 6.7

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6...ou-mount-your-bottle-pump-water-meth-kit.html

Another member showing how he mounted his pump on an 04.5.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...iscussion/303416-any-pics-water-meth-kit.html

Let me know if there is any specific questions I can further clarify.

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts
Has the quality of this kit been proven? You said it will only read up to 45-50 psi, what happens if you exceed that?:confused013:

·
343 Posts
We've never had any quality issues and plenty of our customers run them.

In regards to the boost question, I've never been asked that before and the mfg hasn't either. Let's just say it would damage the controller. Since it hasn't happened before it really isn't known to what extent.

Has the quality of this kit been proven? You said it will only read up to 45-50 psi, what happens if you exceed that?:confused013:

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts
We've never had any quality issues and plenty of our customers run them.

In regards to the boost question, I've never been asked that before and the mfg hasn't either. Let's just say it would damage the controller. Since it hasn't happened before it really isn't known to what extent.
Alrighty, I'm just wondering incase I go with a larger turbo/ twins in the future and stick with water/meth kit. Damaging it doesn't sounds like a fun deal!:shock:

·
343 Posts
Let me start off by saying the AEM kit is great. However, if you are considering twins in the future you will be better off with one of the snow kits. Their controller will handle a lot more boost.

Alrighty, I'm just wondering incase I go with a larger turbo/ twins in the future and stick with water/meth kit. Damaging it doesn't sounds like a fun deal!:shock:

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts
Let me start off by saying the AEM kit is great. However, if you are considering twins in the future you will be better off with one of the snow kits. Their controller will handle a lot more boost.
That's kinda what I'm thinking. The Snow would probably be better for my application. Thanks for all the info and help!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts