Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I posted in the introduction section late Thursday night.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/introductions/135188-new-guy-co-getting-his-first-cummins.html

Anywho went out searching Friday morning again for like the 3rd straight week. I ran across a 2008 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Quad Cab Short Bed in the dark metallic blue with 15k miles, Did all the paperwork and it all worked out great. So far I am thrilled because this is my first Diesel and I have always made the mistake of buying 1500 trucks.

Only issue so far is when I get on it I am getting a whistle from the Driver side, sounds like a hiss at first but then turns into a high pitch hiss kinda like a tea kettle, I was thinking I might have a coupler leak on my icp somewhere but doesnt look like it so far, I may do a boost leak test to see what that shows.

Ill try and get some pics up later.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Take it straight back to thr dealer and have them check it out, cuz pretty much if you mess with anything on these trucks they can tell, and your warranty is gone. Next do all the Deletes, and get a XRT tuner, you will be so glad you did. Again welcome, there are a bunch of good guys on here that can help you decide where tp go.

List, These are just a few of the guys who have helped point me in the right Direction.

CompCowboy
Polaraco
KodiakConstruction
wildman4x4nut
Neel

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats on the truck. Could the sound be a turbo-whistle...coming from 1500 gas trucks, maybe? Not to insult, but stranger things have happened.

Read up on these trucks and have fun - I love mine.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you bought the truck used the previous owner may have lost the baffle from the air box to the turbo. I know mine fell off some how. I get a turbo whistle some times when I back off or get on the truck hard, Just a thought.
Congrats on the truck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the truck. Could the sound be a turbo-whistle...coming from 1500 gas trucks, maybe? Not to insult, but stranger things have happened.

Read up on these trucks and have fun - I love mine.
No I wish it was that, I am very familiar with turbo's and have been around them for a long time and run one on my other car. It sounds like a turbo tell I am really into it and then it starts to almost make a squeal/whining sound.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you bought the truck used the previous owner may have lost the baffle from the air box to the turbo. I know mine fell off some how. I get a turbo whistle some times when I back off or get on the truck hard, Just a thought.
Congrats on the truck.
Thanks, This will be the first thing I check.

·
Registered
88 Posts
:welcome: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Congrats on the truck johneb. Its probably just a typical diesel with a little whistle and a little rattle here and there.

Jump into the forum and have fun bro :thumbsup:

James
RSD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts