Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
low life
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am not new to cummins had a 2nd gen for a while but now have the 3rd gen love it so far..

i know i need to use the badwin PF7977 fuel filter..

what about oil filter? i used the mopar filter in my 2nd gen

what about oil? i used rotella t in my 2nd gen

just want to do whats best to make her last...

PS I DROVE 6 HOURS TO BUY MY TRUCK, I ASKED THE GUY HOW OFTEN HE CHANGE THE OIL HE SAID EVERY 5 THOUSAND I SAID COOL....I SAID HOW OFTEN THE FUEL FILTER HE SAID WHAT FUEL FILTER HE IS THE ONLY OWNER OF THIS TRUCK :banghead:....I SAID SURLY THE DEALER CHANGED IT AND HE DIDNT KNOW:lol4:...ANY WAY ON THE WAY HOME I STOPED AT AUTOZONE AND GOT THE LUBE FINNER 20 DOLLARS, PULLED THE TOP OF THE FUEL CANISTER :shock: MY GOD THERE WAS SH*T GROWING ON THAT FILTER :lol4:...NO JOKE IT HAS 80,000MILES ON IT...ANY WAY PUT NEW IN ALL SEEMS GOOD WITH THE TRUCK, GOT A SMOKIN DEAL ON IT BUT I HOPE THE IS NO INJECTOR OR LP DAMAGE FROM THE NON FUEL FILTER CHANGIN SOB.... SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW I GUESS :hehe:

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Glad to see you finally got your third gen. I finally found me another one too. I really liked your other truck but I could not bring myself to buy a vehicle with that many miles on it and yours was not the only one I was looking at...

I buy all my filters from genosgarage.com. They have great prices on them...

·
low life
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let the info just pour in guys

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Valvoline oil (Cummins recomends it) and moblie 1 filter.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
so i am not new to cummins had a 2nd gen for a while but now have the 3rd gen love it so far..

i know i need to use the badwin PF7977 fuel filter..

what about oil filter? i used the mopar filter in my 2nd gen

what about oil? i used rotella t in my 2nd gen

just want to do whats best to make her last...

PS I DROVE 6 HOURS TO BUY MY TRUCK, I ASKED THE GUY HOW OFTEN HE CHANGE THE OIL HE SAID EVERY 5 THOUSAND I SAID COOL....I SAID HOW OFTEN THE FUEL FILTER HE SAID WHAT FUEL FILTER HE IS THE ONLY OWNER OF THIS TRUCK :banghead:....I SAID SURLY THE DEALER CHANGED IT AND HE DIDNT KNOW:lol4:...ANY WAY ON THE WAY HOME I STOPED AT AUTOZONE AND GOT THE LUBE FINNER 20 DOLLARS, PULLED THE TOP OF THE FUEL CANISTER :shock: MY GOD THERE WAS SH*T GROWING ON THAT FILTER :lol4:...NO JOKE IT HAS 80,000MILES ON IT...ANY WAY PUT NEW IN ALL SEEMS GOOD WITH THE TRUCK, GOT A SMOKIN DEAL ON IT BUT I HOPE THE IS NO INJECTOR OR LP DAMAGE FROM THE NON FUEL FILTER CHANGIN SOB.... SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW I GUESS :hehe:

rotella oil is fine in the truck, as far as fuel filters, try to find one this is 5 microns or less, baldwin oil filters work best or have for me, and as far as damage, the cp3 can handle alot, they wont just kill over like a vp will, so unless some major trash passed through, your not going to have a problem.... anything else you need help with just let me know...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Most everything maintenance wise you will find here.

·
low life
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts