Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my 2008, 3500, 4x4 manual truck for a new 2013 2500 4x4 Laramie. Long story short my wife really hated my 08 mainly because it was manual. I really wasn't in the market, but my local dealer gave me a great deal on my trade and some huge incentives on the 13 I bought. I don't know if you can ever get a "great" deal on a new anything these days but I am pretty happy overall. I'll be searching through the forums but can anyone give me an idea on the good/bad I should be expecting in regards to power/mileage/regen. I was not a fan of the constant regening and turbo servicing I had to do on the last truck especially with only 49k on the enging.

One thing for sure is that there is a crap load more buttons and displays on the Laramie than my last truck.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Searching around you will see a lot of people reporting issues. You have to remember that we are only a tiny fraction of the market and the majority of people post problems, not kudos. You may experience some CEL's may have to do a tranismission update if the dealer didnt do the latest one. Other than that, enjoy the new truck. I came from a 07.5 2500.

·
Registered
127 Posts
5,000 on mine and have yet to get back in my 05. Poor thing just sits in the driveway watching me leave in the new 13 every morning. One of these days I expect to wake up to a truck cat fight in the driveway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got my 13 in early September and at 1900 miles loving it more ever time I drive it, no problems at all. Got the 6 speed manual and glad I did. Truck has more than enough power for me and at 16 mpg am happy with that.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Nice Rig! Yep, the deals on the '13 models are pretty stunning. Seems like $10k minimum, with some reporting even higher.

Cincydiesel - Too funny. Same issue I "had". So I shipped out my '05 to my sons to enjoy and keep her happy and on the road for many miles to come! But I do miss her. Bought her brand new in 11/04 with 6 miles on her. 150k miles later, she's still in the family. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
2013 2500 cclb

I came from an 07 6.7 CCSB and that truck was stout! Loved it. But I am a full time RV'er and the wife was wanting a little more comfort. In late Oct I picked up a 2013 CCLB auto Big Horn 4x4 with some options. Got the truck on a Thursday night, put the hitch in Friday and on Saturday morning hooked up the 5th wheel and headed for Arizona. I averaged 11.97 mpg hand calculated on the trip. The truck is strong, comfortable and just a joy to drive. It is so quiet and smooth. I could not be happier and I trust that you will be the same. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got my 13 manual in sept now have 5000 miles and love every time am in it!!! Shifting, and Ebraking are the best!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.