Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i had a buddy of mine bought a new 2008 megacab with the 6.7 he got 2300 miles on it then had a rod go through the side of the block. then took it to the dealarship at which they replaced the engine with no question but also mentioned another guy had the exact same problem 2 weeks earlier but he had 8000 miles on his

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not cheap Im sure.....Was it bone stock?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sounds , smells, tastes like bull poo to me , gotta love those phishermen!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes it was bone stock. no bull poo on this one guys. dont have pics but got a trophy piece of the block laying around

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
Whats the name of the Dealer? The odds of one dealer seeing two engines have a catastrophic failure like that are not impossible , but rare ........but maybe its a huge dealership that sells several thousand trucks a year?:popcorn:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
marco dodge big rapids michigan

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
marco dodge big rapids michigan

Thank you sir.:thumbsup

I called the dealer 231-796-2651 and confirmed. He said one has 4-5k and the other around 20k on it. He said both were a first for them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we are getting some different mileage numbers here thou i do now my freinds truck only had 2300 miles on it thou he does not even have 4-5000 miles on it yet even and what he was told was the other truck had 8000 so i guess i didnt actually here it from the guy but from my freind but thanks for confirming it that i'm not full of poo that was bugging me a little:thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
we are getting some different mileage numbers here thou i do now my freinds truck only had 2300 miles on it thou he does not even have 4-5000 miles on it yet even and what he was told was the other truck had 8000 so i guess i didnt actually here it from the guy but from my freind but thanks for confirming it that i'm not full of poo that was bugging me a little:thumbsup
The guy sounded like a salesman , but I can't believe a salesman would have been there that early...:lol3:

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Engine

the rod had to of come out like a rocket !
what is that, a $10k motor replacement ?

Not even close

we checked on this about a year ago
I think a bare long block that has no turbo or accessories on it was 17k or so at the dealers cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts