Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Ram 2500 5 speed M/T SLT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s everyone running for shocks on here ? Seems like there’s so many options out there so I’m just curious what guys have found is the biggest bang for their buck ! Also, a little off topic but, noticed the other day I’m missing the rear exhaust pipe that comes out from the muffler and turns out to the passenger side rear of the pickup, I’m not quite ready to do an exhaust kit yet and have a been searching high and low for a replacement piece surly I’m not the only guy that’s ran into this problem???!!!!
T.I.A

·
Registered
7 Posts
What’s everyone running for shocks on here ? Seems like there’s so many options out there so I’m just curious what guys have found is the biggest bang for their buck ! Also, a little off topic but, noticed the other day I’m missing the rear exhaust pipe that comes out from the muffler and turns out to the passenger side rear of the pickup, I’m not quite ready to do an exhaust kit yet and have a been searching high and low for a replacement piece surly I’m not the only guy that’s ran into this problem???!!!!
T.I.A
I just installed Bilstein 5100's. After a bit of research it seemed like the right choice for me. Mostly highway driving.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
OP -- 4wd or 2wd? The selection is different. 5100s are only available for 4WDs, I've heard very good things... I had the 4-series Bilsteins on my 2WD though and hated them. Have adjustable Rancho 9000's on now and much happier with them once I got them dialed in.

·
Registered
97 Ram 2500 5 speed M/T SLT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OP -- 4wd or 2wd? The selection is different. 5100s are only available for 4WDs, I've heard very good things... I had the 4-series Bilsteins on my 2WD though and hated them. Have adjustable Rancho 9000's on now and much happier with them once I got them dialed in.
4wd !

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
For a little more than the Bilstein 5100's (which are a good shock, I've used them several times on various things over the years), you can get a set of Carli's starter shocks. I've had these on the 97 for about a year now and I'm happy with them. Just be prepared to WAIT on shipping though. While I like CJC offroad, quick shipping is simply not in their repertoire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts